1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Seeing # of players on Shard selection screen

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Turdnugget, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

I dunno how to make a poll... but I thought it'd be nice to see how many players there were in each shard at the Shard selection screen...be nice to see your ping and how populated that server was w/out having to log in and ask people, or post on Stratics and ask.

2. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It would be even better to get a message of how many people are online on your shard when you log on.

3. Beefybone

Beefybone Visitor

No MMO actually does this. At least not these days.

4. laurlo

laurlo Guest

I wouldn't mind such a feature but can think of many more I'd be more interested in.

5. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

They used to publish the number of players online for each server in either EQ or WoW can't remember which anymore. At the time they stopped doing it an announcement was released that it violated players privacy to publish how many were on a given server. Not sure how true it is but it was the reason given for the change. There may be good reason shard populations are not published.

6. Mishra_

Mishra_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

DAoC had it the last time I logged on

7. Haddy G

Haddy G Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Eve Online shows how many folks are playing.