1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Seeing some really weird stuff in game

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lefty, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Sometimes I see other people on mounts and at times the mounts move without walking. Like they are on roller skates.

Just now I seen a tamer on a nightmare and I could of swore it was goose stepping

No I haven't been drinking.

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

That's ok I keep seeing people doing the moonwalk or something.

3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Are these pets often an odd shade of red?

It is a bug from the Medusa peerless that petrifies a pet - but never reverts to normal.

4. Deb

Deb Guest

My dog does the moonwalk also and he has never been to Medusa and
    is white.

5. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

There are some issues with the animation code.
    I haven't noticed it in the EC, but I see it a lot with all mobiles in the CC

6. the first time I saw this was in Fel and I thought it was cause people had their speedhacks cranked too high lol

7. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There's a lot of 2d animation missing for some reason. I didn't notice this in beta.

8. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

three words...

Phillips

Wooden

Steed

9. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Moving south from an east facing chair on a garg equals the eletric slide in 2d.

10. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

I ran the classic client yesterday for about an hour crafting around the house. Logged out and logged my tamer on to go do some farming. I noticed that everything I killed would die frozen in its last standing pose. The death animation wasn't happening. Also the object handles for the mobs were being left with no text in them and the same color as when alive, but they had a second corpse object handle with the correct color and text. Logging in and out and changing facets didn't help. Finally I just killed UO altogether and it cleared up.

I think this is further evidence of the severe memory leaks folks have been reporting. Looks like they have found their way into the classic client from the
    enhanced.

Wasn't there supposed to be a warning gump if they tried to enter from one to the other? :dunce:

11. Dodger

Dodger Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I noticed in 2d you cant walk straight though some of the doors sometimes.

12. BartofCats

BartofCats Guest

nothing beats the sideways slide when your trying to get away from something while playing in the enhanced client. I try to run away and for a screen or so I am literally moving sideways character facing north but I am moving west. I am not even on a pet, just the charger of the fallen.