1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Seeking advice and help...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Rikimaru_Vegeta, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Rikimaru_Vegeta

Rikimaru_Vegeta Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I am returning to SP after 6 years I believe. I returned back to UO a month and half ago and been playing on atl and chessy. I am sorta depressed at how these servers have turned out; everyone acts like there 12... I could say more, but I don't need to. My char's template on SP is:

100 macing
    100 anat
    100 tactics
    93 healing
    90 magery
    72 hiding
    60 med
    52 stealth

Stats are 95 str, 90 dex, and 45 int. Currently logging back into this character his bank is fulled of old school silver macing weapons and regular weapons, some hides, few regs (maybe 100 of each), 2k gold, and a few pieces of newbie clothing.

I am needing advice on what is a good template to play on sp? in both pvm and pvp.. I was thinking a stealther with some ninja (120 macing, 100 tactics, 100 healing, 100 anat, 100 hiding, xstealth, xmagery, xninja)
    x = unsure how high to raise skills. I am keeping magery so I can gate and do various other things with the magery skill and I already have it.

My next question is I am capped at 100 because back then we had no powerscrolls. How hard is it to obtain via buying a 120 PS in macing? Should I stay macing or go swords and use the bokuto (though I would have to get bush and drop a skill in order to get this)? Is it hard to obtain a nice macing weapon on sp? Do people on SP craft there weapons or hunt monsters for them?

Is magery worth having? Whats the pros and cons of having it on this template, or just on SP in general?

Can someone shed some light on how to obtain gold on SP? I have NOTHING and really would like to get some gold so I can start on my journey of becoming a SP player...

My icq is 463-038-314.

I remember in the past of how the playerbase on SP is quite mature and friendly.. I hope it is the same today! I hate to ask for it but I have nothing so If anyone has any extra powerscrolls, spellbooks(ninja book and bush book), armor, weapons, plz don't be shy and icq me as I will greatly appreciate your help!

*PS - seeking chuck zito and goldberg, if you know of them I need to contact them as they are old guildmates and I hear they play this server :)

Thanks for your time, and if your not busy plz write back!

2. Rikimaru_Vegeta

Rikimaru_Vegeta Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

a few more questions I thought of...

What items are a must to always carry around when roaming around SP? What are some items a pvp must always have equipped as well? Normal shards you have the quiver with dci, is this blessed like on the other shards or no? Can one obtain blessed talismans? owned by noone.. etc..

What places are best for combat besides at a champ spawn... is there alot of gate fighting? People still do organized field fights?

3. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Heh, lots of questions I see.

Based on your current skills, the quickest and best template to build up would be a bushido parry macer. Something like:

120 mace
    120 parry
    120 bushido
    90-100 tactics
    90-100 heal
    80-100 anat
    rest in med

You can swap out parry for resist if you like. I'd say resist is slightly better for pvm, parry definitely for pvp. Also if you want to pick up 60 chivalry, very helpful for pvm.

stealthers are often used for pvp, but aren't very effective pvm. Didn't realize the part you said about keeping magery, so you can swap the skills above around a bit to keep your magery. 115 scrolls are very easy to acquire, they usually sell for 50k, 120's a bit harder, usually 1+ mil.
    Magery isn't that great. Nice to gate around with, but I've lived on this shard for 5 years without ever gating. Swords is better than macing, but macing is still nice - no point retraining for it right now.

pros and cons of magery - pros, you can gate. Cons, everything else. It gimps your template.

spellbooks (ninja and bushido) are easy to obtain, just kill a ninja and samurai/ronin in Tokonu. They carry them.

Making gold is easy, shear sheep and sell cloth!

Must items to carry around, depends on your template. No insured items so it's not like everyone has the quiver with DCI, but those rich folk do run with it.

Some gate fighting, people still fight, lots in Luna usually.

Hope that helps for starters. PM/ICQ me if you have any more questions.

4. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Rik! its Chuck ya *******!!

Been here about a year and loving it, not 1998 but as close as you can get in today's uo

Goldy bought an account here but can't get him off ATL...

ICQ me I'll hook ya up with whatever ya need!!

5. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Riki it's Malcate good sir. How is everything?

6. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What's up Rik?

Good to hear from you bud. I have been on Atlantic a couple years but am thinking of trying Siege again for real.

Throw me an Icq asap- 246985833(Black Peter)

7. AlaricSP

AlaricSP Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

check out the sticky up top. Mythbusting Siege. Lots of good info in that sticky.

8. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hey Malcate
    Long time.

You still pvp like you are on a laptop wearing oven mitts?

J/K :)