1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Seeking UO savy person= Changing default spell icons

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DarkScripture, Jan 14, 2011.

1. I sought this out a while back and got very little responce. I am looking to get info on which file holds the spell icons so that i may add my own pics. Any info would be very helpful. May also need to know the file type that is needed for UO to see and use these files.

2. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

In EC:

Ultima Online Enchanced\UserInterface\InterfaceName\Icons\Spells

Each icon is its own DDS file that can be customized via a graphics program with a DDS plugin.

In 2d:

Icons are an encrypted portion of the gump art file and altering them is considered illegally altering the client.

3. Babble

Babble Guest

For 2d there exists a mul art patcher and reader

4. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

startin to cross that line Babble
    (and don't forget to make backups)

5. Babble

Babble Guest

How else can I see at how many infriction points I get banned :p

And I intend to leave the boards soon anyway, leave the babbling to you then

6. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

i wouldnt talk about that on stratics. tsk tsk like dermott said it is illegal to alter the 2d client files and therefore cannot be spoken of here.

7. I don't see how that is true.. When using UOA you can change what you char looks like on YOUR end. I am not changing the stream only what I see.