1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Seems EA doesn't care....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Faenwen, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Faenwen

Faenwen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

a friend of mine tries to solve a log in problem for 2 month now.
    befor he didn't having troubles, except the ones everyone else had.
    he emailed the whole thing to uobug.
    he reinstalled uo.. didn't work out, he reinstalled his computer than installed uo from cd ... didn't work out, he downloaded uo and installed it... didn't work out
    he checked everything... newest drivers and all the rest, and yes he cleaned everytime his computer from all uo stuff befor he reinstalled it.
    well than he tried to find something at the knowledge base... nothing.
    he emailed the bug again like they said he should. than he wrote ea .... no response. i wrote ea ... nothing.

he is getting the same error all the time:

"The UO game client has crashed. To report this crash, hit Control-C and paste the contents of your clipboard
    into an email addressed to [email protected] with a description of what you were doing when it crashed.

Version: 7.0.3.0
    Exception Id: 3221225501
    Module: client.exe
    Checksum: 610225697

6060126"

maybe one of you knows something and can help out to solve the problem. seems ea doesn't care.

2. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

Did he format his comp first? I can see why EA won`t answer because its a pretty isolated problem that more than likely is not their fault.

Probably a virus on there or something to that effect that is messing with UO among other things. If it were mine,I`d wipe it and start all over. After installing windows and updates and antivirus....I`d bet UO would install no problem.

Or at least do a clean disk.....scan disk on start up and defrag,than try to install.

3. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Try the other client... It could be many things tbh. But I would try the other client and see if that works

4. Faenwen

Faenwen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

it is not a computer problem.
    he did format his drives he even used a new HDD
    so... no virus, no computer prob he tried differend clients

and you see why EA wont respond???
    sorry at least a ... sorry we can't help you with this would be nice wouldn't it?
    so he knows he has to solve the problem another way.

but.... why would he get an error like this telling he should send a bug report when its just a computer problem?
    one day he was playing without any troubles the next day he tries to logs in (as far as i remember there was a little patch) he wasn't able anymore.

so even when they find out they can't help, it would be polite to say so. especially when they say ... we will get back at you the next 24 hours.

he is a very patient man, but 2 month of not being able to play uo is, after more than 9 years of UO, well its just... sadistic
    *chuckles*

don't get me wrong.
    i understand that they can't help with every problem and that not every error is their fault, but i think an answer to a help request would be appropriate.

PS: sorry about my english... its not my native language *smiles*

5. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

is this friend a "real" friend or computer friend?

ie can he/she go to your house and try to log in on yr comp to play game? that way you will know for SURE if it is the computer or EA server issue

with this answered i am sure "WE" can get to the bottom of it:)

6. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Has he tried to log on to any other computers to test if this is a UO error or a computer error?
    It could be a radar bug problem.

7. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

That is one I would wait for Monday morning to roll around and call on. Just call them. Don't email it because it's more technical then a "UO bug" if you get what I mean. I have done it and they are wonderful (most of the time hehe)

8. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

the very same problem (all the numbers matching exactly) was reported here and I see no resolution in that thread

did your friend download from this page or re-install from a disk and patch it up?

9. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Might I ask what the specifications on his pc are?

10. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Dowload and instal UOAssist and let it run setup [shouldnt have to go as far as entering a key or using it, i didnt] this solved the same problem for me a couple of weeks ago.

11. Might be a windows registry issue as well.
    Since it has been installed, uninstalled a couple times.
    Uninstall uo, run a registry cleaner, reboot, and then reinstall uo.
    You can get one for free or a try first before buying copy @download.com......my favorite site on the internet!!
    Goodluck.

12. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yep :) same as UOAssist should do. Something todo with it looking in the wrong place when trying to start UO.

13. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Faenwen,

I hope i can help. When UO crashes before even launching there are few things that can cause it. and with the "re installing" of the computer and what not, i think i know whats causing it. UO handles sound very poorly. we all know the sound in the game is buggy but im talking of the code in the client. UO does not have any error catching when its client calls for the sound device. if you dont have sound drivers installed and working before you run UO, it will crash before start up, because the login plays sound.
    almost every time people have errors before login pops up its a sound driver issue. Install your motherboards on board audio or sound card and see if this helps.
    God Speed.

14. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

EA dosen't care and he's a paying customer ? You gotta be kidding...

15. When I came back a few weeks ago, I had the same problem. I found out that the current client download is all messed up. If you install from the disk, you have to change the IP address for the patcher in the actual UO program file, because it has changed since the last time UO actually sold a real disk. When I came back and multiple attempts at downloadingthe 2D client didn't work, I had to search the web to figure out why it kept crashing and I found the new IP address to use.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!