1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Seers for the 'threads' quest.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Bobar, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Isn't about time these seers were removed?. Twice in the last couple of weeks I have been asked by new players how to do this quest. They are doubtful when you tell them that it is no longer possible which seems reasonable as they are still there happily offering the quest to all who approach. Anyone who still has threads should certainly have used them by now. Just to compound the issue there are now two at each location. A bit of clearing the decks is called for.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I still have threads and cloaks.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  3. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

I still have items from many old quests but that is because I chose to not through any kind of necessity. I also have threads and a couple of cloaks but I have no intention of using them. This is a dead quest and misleads new players.

4. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I certainly agree that anything that confuses our rare beginners needs to be addressed.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

See that's what General Chat is for. Asking questions of folk in the know. I think they should return some way of getting the threads.

6. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Well the sad truth of the matter is, in general chat, they would probably be told, "get the $%^& out of here you %^*(U_ noob!" or "Come to Yew gate and I'lll show ya how to do it" or any of many other assorted helpful and friendly comments. Which usually would leave an even more bitter taste in the mouth than following dead quest...

Sevin0oo0 and Ludes like this.
  7. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Uriah Heep your quite right about the *bad Eggs* But I try to help any new player I run across... And yes I have had to tell many that quests for things they read or seen are over. Like today forexample a returning player asked about the bane cloak quest.... There are many things that are left out or npc's that are no longer viable for any quest... Been pointed out that the picture of some creatures for the bust quest are no longer gettable... how do you explain to them without giving the feeling someone dropped the ball on cleanup...

8. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

awww I just started playing again and was going to do the collectors quest. Which creatures are no longer gettable?

9. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Welcome Back Christy1221 From what my son tells me its those that were in the blackthorns keep building.... I am not sure which ones... I am not too happy about it myself... I have a good collection of them going as it is....

10. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

It's really a good indicator at the amount of attention this game is given.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  11. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Your son is wrong. The creatures from that building now spawn at the Gargoyle mining camp near Honesty moongate in Ilshenar. So Christy1221 you can complete the collector's quest.

christy1221 likes this.
  12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I would guess, from past experience, that they don't remove them because the minute they do there'll be someone posting on here 'where did the seers go? I have 200 threads to hand in and I can't find them, I want the cloak.'

13. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Not just seers, Where did the guys go for the quest where you have to turn in that set of virtue armor? When I finally got all my pieces, I couldn't find them anywhere and finally just cancelled the quest to get rid of it. (But thanks to the RNG I have plenty of replacement pieces, espec. since they only come w/ SR5.)

14. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You mean the Bane guy who disappeared when the Bane event arc ended?

15. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Thank you Hen I was wondering if they just moved them.... wait till i swat that kid of mine........

16. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Well there was a problem for a while. They blew up the castle and all inside it without finding them a new home, so players couldn't do the colllector quest until they had them spawn at the mining camp. Swat him anyway.

17. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

should re add the monsters required to get the threads (maybe round new haven for new characters) and somehow add a way to get the cloak of corruption again or could replace that requirement with something else.
    would be a easy way for new characters to get a decent robe, of course theyd have to add gargy versions

18. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Just a heads up if you decide to do the quest. I've been gone awhile so not sure if this is a known issue but don't let the pieces stack together. I did the quest 10 times and was just putting the pieces in a pouch till I was done. They all stacked together and when I double click on them and target a piece it says nothing happen. I took them all appart and only one will make a target and it won't combine with any of the others. I did they quest two more times and didn't let the new pieces stack and they go together just fine. So don't let them stack it makes them not work anymore :(

19. They should not get rid of them. I used the seers to get a robe I needed the other day. There are still threads and cloaks of corruption on shards even if you can't hunt them down any more. So they should be left in.

20. Bardie

Bardie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I guess i should use up all my threads then eh?