1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

select nearest hostile problem

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Divie, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Divie

Divie Guest

Hi all recently I was in the middle of a spawn when my select nearest hostile macro stopped working, no matter what key I assign it to it will not work, no other key either in uo or uo assist is conflicting with the keys I was using and this only happens on one computer for all accounts. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might have caused this and how to fix it?

2. Odin of Europa

Odin of Europa Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but have you turned off the new targetting system? You may need it turned on for that macro to work.

3. Chiera

Chiera Guest

might be you assigned an uoa key for another char as global by mistake. If not you might try nearest mobile.

4. BartofCats

BartofCats Guest

keep in mind with the targeting system on, and selecting "nearist hostile" unless they are lit up to you as your next target that type of macro doesn't work too well. Next mobile is a better option. However the downside to that is if you have a friendly nearby (pet/guildmate etc) it will select them first.

5. Divie

Divie Guest

Odin your a legend, I've no idea how it got turned off but turning it on sorted it many thanks!

6. Chiera

Chiera Guest

yes, somehow nearest hostile has a kind of limited use imho. Not only that the target has to be illuminated first, it also is a one shot. Means if the target wanders off and comes back (as @ trogs) nearest hostile won't work either. Makes you really wonder sometimes...

7. Divie

Divie Guest

ah i use it with whirlwind and a hit area effect wep, the aoe means sometimes when surrounded by spawn, something a few tiles away will become the target which is incredibly annoying not to mention sometimes fatal, i simply use whirwind toggle, select nearest hostile, attack nearest target then repeat which ensure i'm always hitting something next to me instead of being stupidly toggled on something out of reach