1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

Sellin Parasitic Poison

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Strom, Sep 10, 2008.

  1. Strom

    Strom Guest

    121 of em bid starts at 1mil this will run until friday evening :bowdown:
     
  2. Strom

    Strom Guest

  3. Elmer Fudd

    Elmer Fudd Guest

    What are they, ive heard of it, but never used em or seen that poison, and outta curiosity, where does it come from?

    Fudd
     
  4. Strom

    Strom Guest

    I believe its from a lumberjack
     
  5. Elmer Fudd

    Elmer Fudd Guest

    not trying to sound dumb, buts whats it do? whats special about it? just curious, dont have that much experience with the stuff
     
  6. ayahuasca

    ayahuasca Guest

    lumberjacks find the parasitic plants - sometimes- when they chop. I use this for pvm- if you are close to your target, you can get heals from the poison on every tick. If you are wearing poison and have hit lethal level, it can be considerable. I buy the plants for 1200 apiece. With a +25 alchemy talisman, I have a 95% chance of making it, only losing "5%".
    I would've bid on this, but thats 274k over what I'd pay for the plants. Even with the 5% loss, that's a pretty healthy mark-up.
     
  7. Elmer Fudd

    Elmer Fudd Guest

    So, u get the plants from luberjacking, then an alcamist, targets the item, to make a different poison correct?
     
  8. Strom

    Strom Guest


    actually u lose 0% they are in potion form already :)
     
  9. GoodGuy

    GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 30, 2008
    Messages:
    1,357
    Likes Received:
    1
    there is no targetting, you just craft a parastic poison like you would deadly poison and it uses the parastic plant instead of nightshade.

    The stuff is ****ing awesome, and i really wish more crafters on siege would make the stuff or at least sell the parastic plant.
     
  10. Strom

    Strom Guest

    agreed it was my favorite poison :)
     
  11. GoodGuy

    GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 30, 2008
    Messages:
    1,357
    Likes Received:
    1
    a keg +21 pots is NOT worth 1 mil, considering it can be removed with greater cure this is insane

    theres no way i'd pay 689 gold everytime i want to poison someone with parastic, its not even worth it. You could go through 30k worth of poison against one person with a stack of cures.
     
  12. Skwiz

    Skwiz Guest

    i just started running poisoning (70) and im loving it.. im fine with cures instant curing it.. its that they have to cure before heals which is why i like it so much.. thoes mages with gheal precasted either have to drop the spell to chug or cast it themselves... pretty nice
     
  13. Petra Fyde

    Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2001
    Messages:
    30,889
    Likes Received:
    5,175
    I had planned to sell parasitic poisoned fukiya darts, but they come up labelled 'deadly poisoned', so with no way to distinguish between true deadly poisoned ones and parasitic ones I had to abandon the idea. :(
     
  14. ayahuasca

    ayahuasca Guest

    And, at least at one time, not sure if it still holds, if you cast the necro spell that bumps poison or damage a notch, you could get lethal from darts or shuriken
     
  15. Ole Cheapy

    Ole Cheapy Guest

    I have around 3k plants, but since my crafter is inactive atm I'll give ya 700k for them.
     
  16. Skylark SP

    Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2004
    Messages:
    10,746
    Likes Received:
    8
    When I ran a potion vendor, I sold parasitic poison for 2.5K per bottle, and darkglow usually for around 500 each back when the bottles didn't stack (oh what a total pain that was for seller AND buyer!). However, I had to stop selling it because I simply couldn't keep it stocked (I seem to get about a 5 to 1 ratio of the luminescent fungi to parasitic plant on my human LJ) and just chopped enough to be able to get plants to make it for Castor when he wanted it.

    The requested starting price is over 8K per pot, which seems high to me, but then again, a lot of people don't seem to sell the special poisons these days so I guess if someone really wants to be able to get a nice quantity at one time, and is willing to pay that much, it is a good deal for everyone.

    -Skylark
     
  17. Strom

    Strom Guest


    ok ill accept that bid so far they are cheapys at 700k
     
  18. Strom

    Strom Guest

    800k is the bid 20 hrs left!!!
     
  19. Strom

    Strom Guest

    8 more hrs!
     
  20. Strom

    Strom Guest

    its over sold for 800k thanks!
     
  21. AzSel

    AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2008
    Messages:
    870
    Likes Received:
    4
    damn, wish id seen this post a few hours sooner....would've paid more:)
     
  22. Ole Cheapy

    Ole Cheapy Guest


    I'm pretty sure most would take your word for it (at least I know I would), but I'm against you selling them anyway and would have to shut you down if I were to find out that you were (with all due respect of course). The last thing I want is every noob running around throwing parasitic darts at me. Of course if you were an exclusive TNT crafter you wouldn't have to worry about that. :)
     
  23. Ole Cheapy

    Ole Cheapy Guest

    Dammit! I'm always too late! That will be my next chars name (Toolate)..I would have given you 900k. :(
     
  24. Petra Fyde

    Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2001
    Messages:
    30,889
    Likes Received:
    5,175
    aye, maybe people would take my word for it, but if they had both parasitic and normal deadly in their pack, how would they tell which was which?

    And I'm an independent crafter, I intend to stay that way :D
     
  25. Skylark SP

    Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2004
    Messages:
    10,746
    Likes Received:
    8
    Eh? An hour? You are about a MONTH too late. :coco:

    -Skylark
     
  26. Ole Cheapy

    Ole Cheapy Guest


    I understand the whole independent thing, but this is siege and people get offended fairly easy around here, and when that happens they tend to wanna resolve matters with their fist. At some point you may need protection if ya know what I mean. So all I'm saying is I wouldn't get too hung up on independency if I were you, cuz if and when the coalition ask a favor of you, it may be in your best interest to grant their wish and/or wishes. :)
     
  27. Vortex

    Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1,470
    Likes Received:
    5
    Who necro'ed this post from last month? :gun: