1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Serious account problem for my best friends

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Parnoc, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am totally baffled about EA accounting. Our guild leaders wife has accounts, I believe 4-6 of them, and her E-Mail account that was her master account name was hacked and then deleted by Yahoo. She cannot get into her master account to update her credit card information. She and her husband have made scores of phone calls, scores of E-Mails, including several to Mesanna, followed every procedure laid out in every page they can find to no avail. Her accounts have been blocked and I fear her houses, one of which is our guildhouse, is going to fall soon. I have even talked to our EM on our shard and she contacted Mesanna and this has not produced any results. They are at wit's end and I believe at this point have almost given up on getting anything done, and if that happens, our guild leader will be gone also. Several of us in guild have found links to new avenues of communication and every time they pursue them, it's a dead end with "Ultima Online is not our responsibility, Sorry, we cannot help" or some other completely frustrating response. Not one has offered a solution or an alternate routing to a solution.

The "so sad" thing about this is that these two people are the finest folks I have ever known, I have been to their house in real life several times and we talk on Teamspeak, Skype or the phone regularly. They love this game, both of them have played for more years than me, they are old vets, but here's the kicker................

They met on UO from half a continent apart, got together and were married in real life through meeting in this game.

How sad is this that something as simple as being unable to update your credit card information because of a hacked E-Mail account loses me my chance to play with my best friends in life and in the game and loses two of the finest folks in the game to everyone? These people have given more stuff and helped more players than anyone I know.

If you have any solution at all or information that might help, please reply or PM me.

2. Garrett.

Garrett. Journeyman

I can't see what the issue is here.... Your friends can give the CC details and confirm personal stuff (address etc) related to the UO accounts, right? So why can't they get the accounts back by contacting UO Support?

3. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Have you tried to do that lately? They get someone who says they either have no affiliation with UO or they get someone who says they can't help with that problem ---- that's if they get to talk to anyone at all.

4. Hobo Sapien

Hobo Sapien Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

5. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master
    Professional Campaign Supporter

Yea I cannot understand it either. I'm assuming my email account gets deleted. This does not in any way shape or form affect me being able to login to EA/Mythic/UO because they dont even know that happened.

6. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

How's this: can accounts ever be delinked from a Mythic master account? Does UO/EA/whoever still offer the service to transfer accounts to someone else? They could be transferred to G until this all gets settled.

7. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I had Mesanna do it for me a few months ago. It is no way to unlink your account.

8. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

You can unlink accounts and have them transfered to another person you fill out the help form message I want to unlink accounts transfer to so n so they call you, but its a pain in the you know what.
    I was asked what the other persons last 6 #s were on their credit card like Im going to know that. So yes you might be asked stupid questions like that.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!