1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

serious bug with Scalis?? disappears upon death!!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by sirion, Jan 21, 2011.

1. sirion

sirion Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

So me and guildies had two fights with Scalis in Buc's Den. The first one gone poof when died. No corpse whatsoever. We thought maybe it was something else. So we did another one.

Again, when I killed it with Word of Death, it is gone again. No HP bar. No corpse. NOTHING! What the......:fight:

Is this a known issue or what...

We fought this before, and it was quite normal.

:(

2. Sorry to hear about that. I'd be very angry if that happened to me to. I was planning on making a discord mage for doing enemies like scalis in a group. That 1 tile Soul Forge is probably my most desired item in the game.

3. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

We did 2 last night and 2nd one had no corpse but it did drop an item. So item drop will happen even if corpse doesn't happen.

I'm guessing it has to do with tiles near shore being full. Pets, summons, etc. ... not sure. Wonder if it uses same AI that ships do when you try to get off the rope.

4. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

actually he was stolen by despicable me

5. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Okay, so I hosted another Scalis session last night, and I discovered something about this bug. The Scalis does not actually disappear, only the corpse appears invisible.

I don't play the EC so I'm not even going to address the EC. Also, if you have the CC but you don't have UOA, then you have to download it. You don't even need to pay for it to use the corpse names function, just need to download it.

In the CC, I noticed that the corpse name appears in the top left corner of UO. You can dbl click that then use last object until you find the corpse. If you miss that window then you have to log in and out in order to see the corpse name in the left corner again.

Anyway, from what I've experienced, arties will drop in pack. Not sure if there is anything worthwhile in the normal loot, but there is a lot of normal loot to go through.

6. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

We did one last night. Half the group couldn't find it. I was on EC and was just fine. Just being the friendly neighborhood bard I had no rights.

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

It sounds like the same bug as the maddening horrors, whose corpses were invisible most of the time.

8. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Yeah -- but I think those show up w/ All Names macro ... Scalis doesn't seem to show up with All Names for some reason. Hm. I thought, also, that the horrors sort of have a small corpse, like a little dot ... no? I haven't done them in awhile so I'm forgetting. :s

9. Talula

Talula Guest

Anyone tried bringing up object handles to see if the corpse appears then?

*gently strokes sweet new sleeves*

10. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

hahahaha "serious bug" i love it, yeah

THIS is the most game breaking bug on uo

hahahaha

11. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

From what I experienced I had to log in and out to see corpse name w/ UOA ... couldn't use All Names or Object Handles, was weird. I'll have to try again though to make sure, hehe (CC that is).

What else in the game fails to render a visible corpse in the CC? I'd say it's worthy of being called a "serious bug."

12. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It doesn't disappear for everyone either btw.
    Some of my party could see it and some could not.
    Mysterious....