1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Servers in the region...?

Discussion in 'UO Pacific' started by XCodes, Apr 27, 2009.

1. XCodes

XCodes Guest

Just wondering what other shards are timed to Pacific times, from Japan to Oceania to the West Coast USA, not including special servers like Test Center and Siege Perilous. Some of the shard names aren't exactly very specific. =/

2. Velvathos

Velvathos Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I would have to guess Baja, or Sonoma, Lake Austin or Napa Valley, I am pretty sure Baja is though..

3. Wargasm11

Wargasm11 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

look at the different pings..they are pretty consistently one or the other

4. mutau

mutau Guest

Here is the listing of all the shards and what geographical area they are related to. I hop this helps.

Japanese Shards
    Asuka
    Hokuto
    Izumo
    Mizuho
    Mugen
    Sakura
    Wakoku
    Yamato

European Shards
    Drachenfels
    Europa

Korean Shards
    Arirang
    Balhae

Taiwanese Shard
    Formosa

Eastern USA Shards
    Atlantic
    Catskills
    Chesapeake
    Great Lakes
    Lake Superior
    Legends
    Siege Perilous

Western USA Shards
    Baja
    Lake Austin
    Napa Valley
    Pacific
    Sonoma
    Origin

Australian Shard
    Oceania

5. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm planning to move to Korea but I'd like to stay on Pacific. Would there be too much lag or would it be problematic at all? I don't want to move to a Korean shard as I can't speak or read Korean anyway, and I really love the shard I'm on now.

6. Ooguk [Cove]

Ooguk [Cove] Guest

If you pvp, which I doubt you do then yes it would be very hard to play. Pvm may also be a challenge with the constant lag spikes. Besides why would u even bother going there? There would never be any one on when you are, and if they were there wouldnt be much to anyways. Stay west coast inmo.

7. SchezwanBeefy

Stratics Veteran

I didn't ask for your personal opinion about where I'm moving, just if it would be difficult to game on Pac while living in Korea. That's I choice I made in order to make a living since there's no jobs here.

8. mutau

mutau Guest

I've met a few guys in Pac who actually live in Singapore and Taiwan. I wish i got their icqs to ask them. I hope that they will chime in to help answer your question.

And let's keep the answers focused to the question ask ...everyone. Thanks.

9. Velvathos

Velvathos Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I once played with someone who was from Singapore as well, way back when, but I cannot remember his name.. Was fairly known and was a good man.. Maybe Tesla will remember him..

10. Andsteel

Andsteel Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I started on Pac when I lived in Washington DC back in 97 - 99. I have subsequently played from New Zealand, Poland and now Sweden. With good ISPs these days I really don't have too much lag.
    BTW Korea is a great country to live in, I spent 4 years there - just fantastic.

11. Wargasm11

Wargasm11 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

log on the korean shard while your here and try to run around..it probably will depend a lot on how good of a connection you can get while your over there

12. SchezwanBeefy

Stratics Veteran

This is actually a great idea. I'll try it and let ya'll know. Korea's internet capabilities are pretty good right now so it shouldn't be a big problem.
    Thanks you guys!!