1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[BUG] Setting Not Saving Since Client Patch

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Fink, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Fink

Fink Guest

I'm having trouble with this setting not saving since the last EC patch:

User Settings > Options > [x] Shift-Right Click to Open Context Menus

It keep switching itself off when I change characters. It's really quite frustrating to try and access a context menu and instead suddenly lunge in the direction of the cursor, not to mention it breaks role play or hiding in certain circumstances. Then I have to click through menus to reset it.

I've been using the Apply button, and then the Okay button when setting the toggle. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be an individual setting per character but it seems to "forget" when I change to another, even if I've previously set it on for that character.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

*edit*

It's actually when I quit the client. Is there some way to offline hard-code this setting in the text files?

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The Shift-Right Click to Open Context Menus option don't save for some of my characters.

3. Fink

Fink Guest

Oh, nasty.

I guess we just endure it until the next patch?

4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes i geuss so. I just don't understand why some characters have the settings saved and some not.

5. Fink

Fink Guest

I don't see how this could have got past even the most rudimentary of checks. Perhaps the testing people had a lucky streak.

6. BTeng_Mythic

BTeng_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

7. Fink

Fink Guest

Thanks for that.