1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Setting security on doors etc...

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by DJAd, Jan 9, 2012.

1. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

So yesterday I set my house as public ready to host some vendors for me and a friend.

I went around my house setting certain doors to "owner only" and some to "only friends" of the house.

Upon logging in today it seems they have all reverted back to "anyone", thus letting anyone open them.

I also have a teleporter that I set to friends only, this can now also be used by anyone.

They were working fine before as I tested with a friend once I had setup the security as I wanted.

Is this normal behavior?

2. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Well... it depends if you went back into construction mode after setting your security. Whenever you go back into construction mode, all doors and standard house teleporters get set back to “anyone”. I know it's extremely annoying... but something you must redo even if you have to change one detail.

If it just reverted... for no reason, then that’s not normal. I’ve never had any doors or teleporters revert for no reason out of the countless dozens of houses I’ve built sense the new system came out.

3. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Ah, this might explain it. I might well of gone back into construction mode. I'll try again later and see.

Thanks for the reply.