1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Several questions Before I sub?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Tom Doan, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Tom Doan

Tom Doan Guest

Hi All

First of all i am a really old gamer..66(don't laugh).....My last mmo I have tried is Rift..I teamed up with some girl and after the quest I get this"how old RU"...so out of embarrassment i said 38:p..she goes "wow your old"

I've tried most but I was looking for one to play and a place i won't feel out of place..
    Another problem is I read a review on games daily that said basically that If a person starts now its extremely hard to learn......I'll listen to any advice...Thanks in advance:)

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

There can be a steep learning curve, but there are ways to cut this drastically. First, get involved with a good guild. There are plenty of new player friendly guilds who will get you set up with a basic suit, give you some opportunities to hunt, and generally help you progress. Secondly, fansites like Stratics, UOGuide, UOF, etc., are brimming with knowledge, both static and living. We love helping new players get their footing.

And 66? You'll be a spring chicken in this crowd.

*ducks*

3. Tom Doan

Tom Doan Guest

Thanks!..I love the spring Chicken comment..I'm actually very immature for my age:pie:

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Let's be honest, no male matures emotionally after 14. :)

We've done polls before. I think the average player age is 40s-50s. My guild had several folks in the 70s and 80s.

5. Tom Doan

Tom Doan Guest

Now i'm ready~~~:)

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I hate to say it, but UO is probably the only MMO that has a measurable loss of players per year via death by natural causes/old age. And many of the players in the AARP age range (50+) claim the game helps keep them young. Of course, I'm not too far behind, being 45 myself. Even UO Stratics is headed by an English grandmother.