1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Several questions...

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by CKTC, Jan 20, 2010.

1. CKTC

CKTC Guest

Hi

The last lot of Imbuing changes (62 or 63 I think) mentioned the cap of gaining from unravelling had been removed and that the focus had been increased...

How high can you gain just from unravelling?

The focus point of skill gain had been increased...

Before the changes I aimed at Imbues with a 50-70% success rate (usually aiming as close to 60 as poss)... what success chance should I be looking to gain from now?

Thanks.

PS so far I've only been unravelling monster loot and I'm up to 65.1. Would like to take it all the way to 120 without spending anything if possible!

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

At around your level, you'll get to the point where only items that give essence will have a chance of giving gains.

As get to around GM, it will about take relic-possible items for gains.

Someone posted a formula elsewhere on the particulars, but I can't vouch 100% for its accuracy.

3. Gowron

Gowron Guest

I've had to unravel alot of items over the last couple weeks to get my skill from 112 to 112.9 with only a few relics at the Queen's forge and gains being about 0.1 or less per day.

I'm not sure if unraveling will get you to 120, but I'll bet it will be slower than actually imbuing.

4. CKTC

CKTC Guest

Atm I'm currently getting about 0.7-1.7 gains per bag depending on wether I hunt Demons or Swoops or Thrasher.

5. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I think it will slow down very much at high skill (100 or higher). Since the last patch, it might be more efficient to actually train by imbuing things.

6. CKTC

CKTC Guest

Well I gained to 65ish from unravelling and started Imbuing went from that to 95.2 yesterday. Only cost about 150k so far which was all gems.