1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Shadowguard adjustments

Discussion in 'UO Time of Legends' started by Drowy, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Drowy

Drowy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Since the shadowguard encounter discourages bigger groups to go to the rooms, I would like to see some adjustments.

Bar - With 3 pirates per group member it gets harder and harder the more people in group. My idea: Let 3 pirates spawn for the first group member and only 2 for every additional one.

Orchard - is ok in bigger group, maybe let spawn tree fellows number of group members minus 1 or 2

Armory - Spawn seems also too overwhelming. Maybe do it like my idea with bar. A little less for each group member.

The Fountain - Same as Armory and Bar. Too many elementals and tiles on floor in big group.

The Belfry - More Wings on the drakes to bring more people to top. Otherwise more people just slow you down, cause you have to kill and search more drakes for just one wing.

Roof - We didnt manage to get there yet, so I have no idea if bigger groups have any disadvantages there and/or there should be any adjustments.

2. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

@Kyronix @Mesanna @Misk

Please get the dev team and party up, at least 5 of you and please go do the fountain. If you can complete it, please post a pic. Otherwise, please set a cap on the spawn for larger parties.

Kyronix, Sunseri and DJAd like this.
  3. Val'lyn De'ana

Val'lyn De'ana Seasoned Veteran

I guess the question is, are all of the rooms soloable? I just completed the bar with my cu with about a minute to spare. Since I didn't play on TC, it was my first time in the room so I had to figure out about the bottles myself, lol.

Just wonder if I stick to the rooms myself do I have a chance as a tamer with my cu?

-Val'lyn

4. Drowy

Drowy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Bar, Orchard and Fountain you should be able to solo with Cu. I dont know if the Cu can kill the spawn in the armory fast enough, if so you can solo that too. I doubt your Cu can solo that paragon greator dragon in the Belfry tho.

5. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Campaign Patron UWF

quick thoughts:

Bar, Orchard and Fountain aren't all that bad.

Armory - one too many spawn if you're in there with any group bigger than 2.

Belfry - simply not enough wings fall to get up top to fight the dragon. It's a near impossible effort.

6. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Don't go in with a big group. As long as the group going to the roof has completed all 5 encounters.

You don't have to do them all at once...what we do is 2 go into each encounter except the belfry.

Switch out...2 go in the bar, complete that then go to the next one.

It's all about teamwork...help your guildies/friends complete each room then party up for the roof.

7. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I wasn't able to do fountain solo because he water else weren't spawning fast enough. Hit 30 min timer. Ha to get a 2nd person I. There just to speed up the spawn rate

8. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

Im sorry, but wtf is the point of an encounter that is clearly meant to be for a group, if you need to break up the group to do it?

9. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

I agree that the drop rate of the wings seems a little low.

whiterabbit likes this.
  10. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

It's working as intended...sorry, but I"m going to use that answer a lot in the future as it was too good to not use.

whiterabbit likes this.