1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Shadowjumping while mounted

Discussion in 'UHall' started by K'torr, Jul 17, 2008.

1. K'torr

K'torr Guest

I noticed that "apparent" bug has been fixed. You can still do a 1 time shadowjump when on your mount, but you are revealed as soon as you land.

I have mixed feelings about this. I admit it was a totally screwed up thing to be able to do, but it was still fun.

2. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

So are you saying this was fixed due to people using an exploit.. People like you??
    Just curious...

3. Lariat

Lariat Guest

Yeah, don't you hate it when they fix all the bugs that give you an unfair edge? Did you abuse the parasitic poison bug too?

4. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

Things that make you go hummmmmm....

5. K'torr

K'torr Guest

Don't know if you'd call it an exploit, and what edge did it give?
    I just thought it was kind of funny that you could hop around while on a horse or some other such.

6. Lariat

Lariat Guest

Teleporting while invis'd, ready to run at mount speed while attacking? Seems like a pretty nice advantage to me. And don't say "Well you could just do that with animal form" because you can't use specials in animal form like you could while mounted.

7. K'torr

K'torr Guest

I suppose that is one advantage, but in general, anytime I SJ, I'm trying to put some distance between myself and some of the more antisocial types around.

8. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I find it's saying i can't stealth while mounted... meanwhile, i'm walking around! This is a new bug since the latest publish. I'm training stealth while wearing 2 plate items and at 84 stealth. Ever since I put on a plate do (tunic), I randomly get this error and I can't stealth. I'm just walking around on foot in human form.

9. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

I would love to see someone stealth around while wearing platemail armour and not make any noise..
    Best to go with leather armour..

10. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

In all your genius... have you still not figured out you can shadow jump, run at mount speed, while attacking in animal form.

Not to say anything else... other than word your arguments a bit better. :)

11. Ravenspyre

Ravenspyre Guest

It's possible, but very dificult to do, if you are trying to use oft tired real life excuse, the same excuse that ended up destroying many of the balancing features in UO to begin with.

12. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

I mean, I just wear plate to train the stealth. Leather won't give gains anymore. But it never said that I'm mounted b4 the latest patch. It's weird to get that message just stealth walking (training in plate).

13. Faith

Faith Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

use a full studded suit

14. Lariat

Lariat Guest

If you'd read the rest of the post, I pointed out that you can't use specials in animal form like you can while mounted.

Fail +1