1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Shadowlord cloak drop system is BAD,

Discussion in 'UO Spiels N Rants' started by Guest, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I just did the brunt work of killing a shadowlord in Moonglow. I cast armageddon on it three times, dealing 25k, 12k and finally 7k points of damage. Yet, just because I die and have to leave to resurrect and then come back in as it's being finished off, I get no cloak and not even looting rights to the corpse.

Three pieces of blackrock, four or five deaths and the bulk or the work for three other people to get cloaks. Great drop system.

2. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I used one piece of blackrock on a shadowlord and died and still got a cloak. You will do the best damage when the shadowlord has at least half of its health left. If you come across one that has his healthbar all red or close to it you should save your blackrock because you will not get a cloak from that one no matter how many pieces of blackrock you waste on it. It also helps if you use a piece of blackrock early and assist in finishing him off.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I was the first person to damage it.

And I kept hitting it the entire time it was being killed.

I got shafted because I left, through the gate, to resurrect and came back in after it had been killed.

4. If you hit it the first time for 25k you should have saved the rest of your rock as you would have been the top damager. At that point, if you die, just stay there until it's dead then go rez after and the cloak will be on your corpse.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I beg to differ with you regarding leaving to resurrect and then coming back in as the reason you didn't get a cloak.

I have 12 of them only because I was standing on the right spot at the right time when a Shadowlord spawned.

They spawned, I cast, I died, got resurrected, and never did another lick of damage to them. After I came back over I did stay close to them however.

Not suggesting that something isn't amiss resulting in your not getting one but I don't think it has anything to do with dying and going back over to normal Moonglow, rezzing, and coming back.

6. Xeria

Xeria Guest

Draconi said quite some time ago that if you leave the area ,then you have forfeited your blackrock. You should have stayed and hope someone will res you...or wait until the shadowlord dies..then leave and get ressed.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm faction though...

8. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I have gotten killed many times while fighting shadowlords and left and came back many times i got my cloak everytime (4 out of the 5 i got recently).

9. Guest

Guest Guest

You -CAN- leave the zone, get resurrected, come back in, and still get credit for the kill.

HOWEVER!

If the Shadowlord is killed while you are outsize of the zone, you do not get credit.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

As have I, he is stating that he hit it 3x. Then while he was getting rezzed in the Real Moonglow the shadowlord died and he lost out on a cloak.

Say thanks the the lazy ba***rds that brought this change around. The ones that would do the damage, go through the gate and wait for the cloak to appear in their pack.

11. Even if you are dead when the shadowlord dies, as long as you still in the unstable Moonglow area you will recieve a cloak when you get res'ed. I have died a couple of times at the last minute and still received a Cloak after being res'ed.

Also, Why use three pieces of black rock - one should be sufficient, particularly if you are the first to do damage. I have never not recieved a cloak after doing first damage from blackrock even if I have have managed NO further damage to the Shadowlord.

12. KingSidhe

KingSidhe Guest

Dying and going back to get ressed has nothing to do with it. I have done it and gotten cloak. I have gotten cloak with no rock. I have gotten cloak even when it was almost dead before my joining in. I have also used lots of rock and not gotten cloak. All in all, i have gotten 25 cloaks.

It's not how I would have done it, but oh well. It works.

13. vaen is 100% correct. if you are in the real moonglow alive or dead when the shadowlord dies you do not get credit.

fyi to the OP....check the dev. posts sometime...alot of the time you can find the answers to your questions there. [​IMG]

14. Guest

Guest Guest

why would anyone go to regular moonglow to get rezed? 95% of the time someone right next to me rezzes me even though i don't know them, i currently have 72, yes 72 cloaks of corruption and i just simple use 1 pieces of blackrock, i know about how much dmg it needs to do to make sure i get a cloak then i just wait till its dead

15. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

why would anyone go to regular moonglow to get rezed? 95% of the time someone right next to me rezzes me even though i don't know them, i currently have 72, yes 72 cloaks of corruption and i just simple use 1 pieces of blackrock, i know about how much dmg it needs to do to make sure i get a cloak then i just wait till its dead

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I need to paint it in big, Sesame Street letters that say "FACTION"?

16. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

fyi to the OP....check the dev. posts sometime...alot of the time you can find the answers to your questions there.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was no question.

I wasn't asking _why_ it happened. I was saying it sucks.

I don't know how..more clearly..I can possibly make that. The drop system for the cloaks, sucks. At least if you're in my situation (you're in factions solo).

17. Did you leave right after not getting the cloak? I am betting you saw a different shadow lord get killed and you left before the one you were actually fighting got killed.

18. I've had them pop into my pack while on the "real world" side. perhaps you were a victem of some kind of glitch?

19. Guest

Guest Guest

BOO freakin whoo. In the entire event I have gotten exactly ONE cloak and I have not used any blackrock at all but there are people on my shard that are blackrock happy and have ovewr 14 or 15 cloaks because they use blackrock. I am fairly sure that would not have been you first and only cloak. I would be happy with what you have and not complain.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I need to paint it in big, Sesame Street letters that say "FACTION"?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm... don't use a faction char to pvm?

21. <blockquote><hr>

Wow. Bitter over not being effective in this event or just a general troll?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Not effective" says the guy who did 44,000+ damage and still failed to get the kill.

You died &amp; left you should get nothing.
    People who didn't and stayed in there should.
    That simple.

22. since when is casting armageddon work?

I must have missed something lol

I've done dozens of shadowlords without any BR at all. The point of SL is to kill them.

23. For a while you could cast armageddon with blackrock in your pack to do huge damage to the SL's, then ya couldn't, now I think you can again.

It's not necessary to do it at all, I've got cloaks on chars less than a week old &amp; would rather keep the blackrcok in case it has a better use later on.

The main reason people do it is because three cloaks are given to the top three damagers, so it's just a cheap tactic for those with plenty of blackrock to spare. (event though most probably have more than enough cloaks) Which is why it's good when someones wasted three and got nothing, serves em right for being greedy imo - cloak of corruption is right.

24. Guest

Guest Guest

I think that the "bad" part of the system, or underestimated, is whereby you get stealthers who will cast armageddon and, after three of them have done it, if more than one person assists in the killing of the Shadowlord after that, then the 3 stealthers get the cloak without ever doing any damage.

Blackrock works by reducing the hits by 1/2. So the first hit takes 25k away, second 12.5k, third 6.75k. So if the first attacker is guaranteed a cloak for more damage than anyone (providing at least 2 other people kill the shadowlord) then that leaves the other two distributed amongst the other 50% of the health.

If 50% of what is remaining is done by another attacker, then he gets a coak providing, again, at least 2 people do the other 50% damage. So of what is left, if somebody does 50% of the damage with blackrock and at least two others finish it off, they are guaranteed the last cloak.

Fair enough if you're playing Origin where maybe only two or three people will actually kill the thing or if somebody uses 3 or 4 pieces on their own and letting 2 others finish it off, but the system can - and has been I am sure - exploited in this way.. perhaps unintentionally. For example, I will run around, cast armageddon once when I see one at full or half health. I know for sure that others do this.

What it means is, is the people who do the hard work trying - through regen, healing and spirit speak - to kill the Shadowlord (or even wasting one or two pieces on it) get nothing.

A question - given 12 pieces of blackrock you can - providing you are quick and it does not regenerate at all in that time - get the Shadowlord down to 12 hitpoints. 15 and it is &gt;1. So if I had a bard, peaced a shadowlord, cast armageddon 12 times and used a firehorn to finish it off, would I get 3 cloaks?

25. "then the 3 stealthers get the cloak without ever doing any damage."

I've done enough damage after 3 people have hit the SL with BR to bump the 3rd on the top damager list off and get a cloak myself. The key to that is the SL healing itself, so you end up doing way more damage then it actually originally had hit points. I've seen some serious cursing going on after it's dead and one of the people that hit it with rock didn't get a cloak. [​IMG]

"So if I had a bard, peaced a shadowlord, cast armageddon 12 times and used a firehorn to finish it off, would I get 3 cloaks? "

No. Draconi changed that the first day. Only 1 cloak per customer.

26. Guest

Guest Guest

Assume there are only two attackers (more would emphasise this greater), if they do exactly half the remaining damage then the third person to cast armageddon would still get the cloak.

If the last two attackers are made up of any of the two before the third armageddon caster, then yeah sure, he would probably be bumped just below third. But in theory, my point is true. There is going to be - there are - exceptions because it doesnt always happen like this. But i'm saying that it is entirely possible and it does happen and it shouldnt, because it is really unfair on those who do so much work vs those who do so little.

Although you could say that mining blackrock is hard work.

27. Guest

Guest Guest

I died and was smart enough not to leave because they already said if you leave you get nothing. When it died it said the item went in my pack and when I got rezzed it was there on my body.

You have to be smart enough to stay put if something is about to die that or risk losing the reward.

28. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

You can get a cloak dead.. at least I did on the first day it was spawning on our shard. Run up, Arma, even if I died, just stay there.

I got two cloaks dead (not at same time, two different SLs)

29. I've gotten 5 cloaks so far by doing enough damage after 3 people have hit a fresh SL with BR. With 1/4 life left, and adding in the huge amount of hp's that they heal, it's very easy to get more than the 6500 damage the 3rd rock does if that 3rd person doesn't stick around and continue to attack to ensure they get a cloak. Basically I've benefitted because of their laziness, which is just fine by me. Next time maybe they'll stick around instead of trying to take the easy way out, but then again, probably not, and I'll continue to get more cloaks due to their laziness.

*shrugs*

30. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

BOO freakin whoo. In the entire event I have gotten exactly ONE cloak and I have not used any blackrock at all but there are people on my shard that are blackrock happy and have ovewr 14 or 15 cloaks because they use blackrock. I am fairly sure that would not have been you first and only cloak. I would be happy with what you have and not complain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, trolled by a mod.

A bitter mod no less. Feeling left out much?

31. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I've gotten 5 cloaks so far by doing enough damage after 3 people have hit a fresh SL with BR. With 1/4 life left, and adding in the huge amount of hp's that they heal, it's very easy to get more than the 6500 damage the 3rd rock does if that 3rd person doesn't stick around and continue to attack to ensure they get a cloak. Basically I've benefitted because of their laziness, which is just fine by me. Next time maybe they'll stick around instead of trying to take the easy way out, but then again, probably not, and I'll continue to get more cloaks due to their laziness.

*shrugs*

[/ QUOTE ]

I use blackrock but after I do I heal people and their pets continuously until he's dead that way they don't have to keep running off to keep from dying. I also rez people if they do die that way they don't have to leave. I have missed out getting looting rights many many times because of healing and rezing people even with a tent outside they still want you to rez them. I don't mind rezing and I like helping people but you get nothing for doing it so you miss out a lot. And there are times I have used blackrock and got nothing because I didn't do anymore damage which is fine with me if someone can do more damage after that then they deserve the cloak. Now don't get me wrong I do hate wasting my blackrock lol. I never just hide and let everyone else do the work I always help and I have died more times then I can count trying to help.

32. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

What it means is, is the people who do the hard work trying - through regen, healing and spirit speak - to kill the Shadowlord (or even wasting one or two pieces on it) get nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, like me. I was the first to hit it with a weapon, I cast armageddon on it three times, I was there, hitting it, healing, healing others (even though I'm faction and can't recieve heals) the entire time it was up and worked it more than anyone else.

33. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

You can get a cloak dead.. at least I did on the first day it was spawning on our shard. Run up, Arma, even if I died, just stay there.

I got two cloaks dead (not at same time, two different SLs)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'll try this, then. Since actually staying with them and killing them off after casting armageddon doesn't keep me from getting dropped off the drop/loot list.

34. you get a cloak even if your dead as long as you stay in the area and dont go through the moongate
    also using more blackrock isnt gonna get you 3 cloaks, its 1 per person, thats a waste

35. Guest

Guest Guest

I see why some people consider most of uhall an utter joke. Half of the people who responded to this thread didn't even read the initial post.

Then to be trolled by a mod and some guy who calls himself God....sheesh.

36. <blockquote><hr>

I see why some people consider most of uhall an utter joke. Half of the people who responded to this thread didn't even read the initial post.

[/ QUOTE ]

*looks back at first post*

Yep, I read the OP, and responded to it. [​IMG]

Guess I'll stick with the "udder jokes" and leave the "utter jokes" to others. [​IMG]

37. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I beg to differ with you regarding leaving to resurrect and then coming back in as the reason you didn't get a cloak.

I have 12 of them only because I was standing on the right spot at the right time when a Shadowlord spawned.

They spawned, I cast, I died, got resurrected, and never did another lick of damage to them. After I came back over I did stay close to them however.

Not suggesting that something isn't amiss resulting in your not getting one but I don't think it has anything to do with dying and going back over to normal Moonglow, rezzing, and coming back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad. "I did my damage, now to sit back on my ass and watch." Nice teamwork there. Glad your not in my guild.

38. <blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Trolling is taking a thread off topic seeing as my replies were comments on what the OP said that isn't trolling. You think a board name affects how right something is, your a fool.

If getting a cloak was remotely difficult to the point that blackrock was needed I wouldn't be using three pieces on one SL I'd use it when 2 SL's were on the same screen. Maybe if you and the OP had more sense you'd get that but I highly doubt it.

People consider Uhall a joke because of people like you who rarely understand half of whats said but chime in anyway.

Oh and as the OP has already said he wasn't actually asking anything just saying it sucks theres not a whole lot to be taken off topic.

39. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

you get a cloak even if your dead as long as you stay in the area and dont go through the moongate
    also using more blackrock isnt gonna get you 3 cloaks, its 1 per person, thats a waste

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm still screwed then, since I'm faction. I must leave in order to resurrect. There is no possible way for me to resurrect (and then recieve my cloak) inside.

So, yeah, bad system.

40. "I'd use it when 2 SL's were on the same screen."

You actually use 1 blackrock per SL. I've done this several times, and it's always taken 2 when I was standing between 2 of them and hit them both.

It does make for a hell of an explosion though. [​IMG]

41. You can stay inside until it's dead, then leave and rez, and when you come back the cloak will be on your corpse.

42. <blockquote><hr>

"I'd use it when 2 SL's were on the same screen."

You actually use 1 blackrock per SL. I've done this several times, and it's always taken 2 when I was standing between 2 of them and hit them both.

It does make for a hell of an explosion though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah k, yeah I've seen it a few times. Haven't actually used BR for any kills, don't see the point especially with how decent the BR traders turn in was if that ever came back in some form I'd be glad I didn't waste mine.

43. <blockquote><hr>

There is no possible way for me to resurrect (and then recieve my cloak) inside.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you could use sacrifice, or stone on sp weaving for gift of life.

If it happens enough that it'd be worth it that is.

44. Guest

Guest Guest

I think its funny your attacking me saying I don't know how to get cloaks. I have my share of items. Thanks for caring though.

To Conner. Quit taking things so personal, I made a general comment about uhall and for some reason your panties got all into a bunch? Did I hit a nerve or something?

45. "To Conner. Quit taking things so personal, I made a general comment about uhall and for some reason your panties got all into a bunch?"

Wow. I think that must have been your panties to take it personal yourself. Guess the joke part just went right over your head there huh?

"Udderly" unbelievable..... [​IMG]

46. <blockquote><hr>

I think its funny your attacking me saying I don't know how to get cloaks. I have my share of items. Thanks for caring though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except:
    a) I haven't attacked you.
    b) I haven't said anything about how many cloaks anyone has (b/c quite honestly who cares)
    c) Learn to read.

<blockquote><hr>

To Conner. Quit taking things so personal, I made a general comment about uhall and for some reason your panties got all into a bunch? Did I hit a nerve or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your an idiot. (That was attacking you)

47. Guest

Guest Guest

I would rather be an idiot than a blowhard.

*bows*

48. Then it must really suck that you achieved both.

49. Guest

Guest Guest

Tsk Tsk. Please take your mancrush and leave me alone.