1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Shadowlords?

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Hoody, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Hoody

Hoody Guest

So recently (a day or so ago) i read that shadowlords had stopped spawning, this was around the same time i stopped heading out to moonglow, so i havnt really had the chance to check. I was just wondering have they stopped spawning? Or is blackrock still working? And are they dropping cloaks still?

I was just wondering as i was able to sell one of my cloaks recently for a (imho) ridiculous amount of money. Even more so if these cloaks are still obtainable with a single piece of blackrock (valued at about 500k-1M).

2. Guest

Guest Guest

The event is scheduled to last at least 2 or 3 weeks..maybe longer??? so if u suckered someone to pay bigtime for what may well be a common cloak soon ..then good luck to u!! the buyer should not have been soooooooooo impatient.....LOL

3. Guest

Guest Guest

The shadowlords,and cloaks, are not currently spawning. Whether they will again further into the event arc only the live team knows.

4. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

There are two shadows lords directly at server up, Yesterday and the day before I was there to kill them, along with a few other players. None of us got a cloak. Then no more lords respawn after that during the day.

So even if they did spawn, we wouldn't get cloaks anyway [​IMG]

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ridiculous isn't it. I seen someone trying to shift one for 20 mil - what is that all about?? Even on UO Auction people are trying to flog these things for waaaaaay too much. I just hope whoever buys them thinks the reward is worth it.

I'd stretch to 2 mil because thats about double what i've already paid for one. I base that on say 1 mil for three pieces of (already overpriced) blackrock and then extra for the rarity. I know several people with 10+ cloaks and I personally know of at least 40 cloaks on Europa. Even on 10 shards that is 400 cloaks that exist going for more than some event items. And they are totally useless!

People are hoping they will have some use, I imagine. Even so, I think they overestimate the use.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Im kind of hoping thats it for the cloaks now be nice to have a rare event item.

I hope it doesnt turn into what happened with the magincia invasion people moaning about the lack or vorpals and pyros staffs and suddenly you find yourself getting one on every single corpse. Stupid.

Be nice to have a newer item thats going to be rare. Seems these days the only rare items are the old things.

Ive got 1 [​IMG] wohoo! killed about 15 shadowlords so at least i managed 1 hehe [​IMG]

About time for the next phase tho i think getting a little tiresome.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ironic that cloaks of corruption also seem to corrupt the minds of some of their owners hehe.

I'm certainly not paying millions for something till I see what it's worth in the end... it's a risk, but better than paying a stack for a useless cloak. Well robe lol.

Wenchy

8. Guest

Guest Guest

again i agree with you wenchy. wont go into details but a very messy argument at the rez station at moonglow tonight based on from what i can see was greed but i let it lie as thats how it should rest.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

wont go into details

[/ QUOTE ][​IMG]
    Where's the fun in that? [​IMG]

10. That argument was pretty funny tbh :p

11. Kayne

Kayne Guest

I didnt manage to get one, and im almost certain i wont ever afford them if they are highly priced. I did want one so i could say i'd got it but i didnt spend all my time trying to chase the SL's around because i was there for the fighting and the fun of being in a community event. The same way i was at other events purely for the fights

12. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

That argument was pretty funny tbh :p

[/ QUOTE ]

Har, now we all wanna know the details [​IMG]

Wenchy

13. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

That argument was pretty funny tbh :p

[/ QUOTE ]

Har, now we all wanna know the details [​IMG]

Wenchy

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope it had cake in it!

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok in the unlikely event u guys didnt realise it they are spawning again.

15. angelus aconitum

angelus aconitum Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

yeah and we could use some more men to fight a shadowlord right now.