1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Shadowstep - Cannot teleport to that spot

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Locker, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Locker

Locker Guest

I couldn't seem to find a conversation on this issue so I wanted to ask the fine folks here. I have a new character with the Ninjitsu skill. I am currently raising my skill with Shadowstep.

When I attempt use Shadowstep I frequently get the error:

"Cannot teleport to that spot"

This can be when I'm surrounded by what seems to be completely flat ground with no obstructions at all. I'm wondering why this occurs and if there are any hints for me to judge if a spot will or will not work as a Shadowstep destination.

Thank you for any information,

-Locker

2. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Most of the time you get that message its because there is a house within 5 tiles of the jump spot. Cant teleport or shadowjump within 5 tiles of a players home. Now there are a random spots around the game world where you cant teleport to that certain tile. Ive found a couple in brit near the bank.

3. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Experience will be the best advice I can give you.
    You will learn in time what spots can and cant be used.
    As with most things in UO, hehe.

4. Locker

Locker Guest

Thank you both for your input. Just a bit more on my experiences as I probably knew the house rule.

It seems a little more than random I can tell you that. Many times I'm way out in the wilderness away from town and homes and I'll be hidden, stealthed and can not... no matter how many times I look, find a suitable tile to jump to as either they are too far away, can't be seen or can not teleport to that spot.

There may be some other ideal areas to train shadowstep but I've been around new haven, way south of bucs den, ish, and it seems the same everywhere. Basically I have to cast shadowstep about 10-15 times for every single jump, on average if I can even jump at all.

Not saying it should be changed, not saying it's horrible... just giving my experience. Thank you again for the feedback.

Peace,

Locker

5. GFY

GFY Guest

Try going to Jelhom. Go down to the dueling pits and shadowJUMP around there. The ground is flat and you should have no problems.

Also if I remember right at lower levels you can't shadowjump as far as you can at higher levels. Try jumping in shorter distances until your skill gets higher.