1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Shame Crystals

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Spyderis, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Spyderis

Spyderis Guest

Can anyone tell me what they are used for exactly? Something about summoning a renowned? I see there is a marker in you're loyalty page..Im not sure who to use the crystals with because im not really sure what there are for..

And yes i did read the pub notes...Has anyone used em, or summoned the ...?

2. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It summons different things depending on the level. The boss is supposed to be a taste of the next level. They haven't been too impressive loot wise but I am slowly working on them just to see what they are like. (New monster content makes me a happy adventurer.)

Gameboy likes this.
  3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

you click on them like you are going to eat them it takes 10 for level one 20 for 2 etc when you have the proper amount you go to the alter on the level thats appropriate and click on the shrine and a boss will be created somewhere on the level and then you must find it and kill it!
    the amount you have built up is in the loyalty menu

4. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

and only you can do damage to it..

that part sucks if you need help..

5. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ummmm what? is this true?

lorddog

6. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

so you 'eat' them to add them to your tally. then spend it at the altar things?

7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

correct

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I have only done this in group! I know anyone in the group was able to but not sure if you pop one out of a group

9. Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I dont like how the monster spawns somewhere and you have an hour to go find it and kill it.

10. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

it takes 1 min to go from end to end in that dungeon (at least in each level)
    unless it can spawn any level?

11. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

The one time I popped a boss character it appeared right around the corner from the altar. I believe they spawn on the level they are summoned, so unless they pop in the middle of a huge batch of creatures, it's not that difficult.

12. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

thay do pop same level and it is random

13. Wizal the Fox

Stratics Veteran

No, it is not random, they spawn at the same place everytime

14. Kralock

Kralock Guest

the lv3 wind boss, why so chump loot and what is the point?

I get much better stuff from normal mobs on lv5. If that's all the crystals are for, why drop them in stacks of 5 from lv5 mobs if all you can do is use them to summon some chumps?

Any speculative other uses for the crystals?

15. Henzy

Henzy Adventurer

I know this is an old thread, but nonetheless I'd like to shine a light onto it.
    So the only purpose of the crystals is to spawn the bosses. In Felucca these bosses have guaranteed loot:
    The boss of level 1 is a quartz elemental. To summon him you need 10 dungeon points, so 10 dungeon shame crystals. His loot is a quartz grit.
    The boss of level 2 is a flame elemental. To summon him you need 20 dungeon points, so 20 dungeon shame crystals. His loot is corrosive ash.
    The boss of level 3 is a wind elemental. To summon him you need 30 dungeon points, so 30 dungeon shame crystals. His loot is cursed oil.
    Now the quartz grit, corrosive ash and cursed oil can be combined and they give a Whetstone of Enervation. (Those sell on ATL for 4m each)
    This Whetstone can be used on exceptional crafted weapns to remove the DI those weapons automatically have, and thus opening another slot to imbue another mod.
    Up The Irons
    Henzy
    Lord of The Ruskin Arms on Drachenfels

Spiffykeen and RoseBlue like this.
  16. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yep, it surprises me how many people don't know about this. The bosses it summons in Fel have a 100% drop chance for the required components to make a Whetstone of Enervation. I used a Whetstone of Enervation to make an Ultimate Training Wep. A crafted 100% Poison Kryss with -29 Mage Wep/UBWS/30% SSI/15% HCI/30% HLD, and 255 max Dur.