1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Shame Gates/Teleporters Death Trap

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have been hunting in Shame of late and I have discovered through MANY deaths that there is an issue with the gates between levels transporting you to the FLOOR under the platform on the other side. The result is you can only walk in one direction till you POP to the platform lv surface. If and when there are creatures on the other side this results in VERY deadly effect, at times I have even become STUCK in the floor after falling prey to this. I even had to call a GM to get moved ( we all know how long that can take). The stuck feature at time under help will not give the option of a town thus I had to wait a very long time.

2. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I could see where this would suck... I hard one of the devs love old bugs [​IMG] maybe she'll add this one to her list.

3. <blockquote><hr>

I have been hunting in Shame of late and I have discovered through MANY deaths that there is an issue with the gates between levels transporting you to the FLOOR under the platform on the other side. The result is you can only walk in one direction till you POP to the platform lv surface. If and when there are creatures on the other side this results in VERY deadly effect, at times I have even become STUCK in the floor after falling prey to this. I even had to call a GM to get moved ( we all know how long that can take). The stuck feature at time under help will not give the option of a town thus I had to wait a very long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never had that particular one happen to me, but I don't doubt your account of it.

Having said that, the nastiest thing I've seen with teleporter/gate type stuff is where Delucia Passage opens up into Delucia (going the short way, not the long way around to COD). You run into what should be the entrance to Delucia, and then bounce back into the passage, and then can bounce back out without meaning to and, go back and forth, and then not know which way to move to get in the direction you want... oh lord it's nasty. This is as I observe it in Felucca but I'd expect it to be the same in Tram as well.

I count the second nastiest one as being when you start on the T2a side of "Lighthouse" headed in the direction of Yew, have passed through that dungeon-like passage and are trying to get all the way out. When you make it into Yew, the room with all the barrels, while trying to walk out of that little room you can easily step onto the teleporter to go back into the passage instead. This one isn't so bad because you can recall directly out of that little room without needing to walk out the door (pretty sure) but if you mean to walk all the way out, it can get weird.

Other pet peeve - - player housing is permitted to sit directly to the east of the entrances to the Marble Island building (T2a entrance) and Destard, which blocks the visibility of these entrances unless circle of transparency is toggled on. If I ran my home shard personally, at least two players would be relocating their houses whether they wanted to or not, and those visibility-restricting spots would become invalid for housing like the areas near some of the other dungeon entrances are.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, this is a very old bug. I've run into it many, many times.

5. simonovsk

simonovsk Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It's been this way since release, adds a bit of salt to a shame run doesn't it?

6. Lazarus Cain

Lazarus Cain Guest

this is not only an issue with shame - it is an issue that many of us face upon entering ANY GATE, as well as entering or exiting any dungeon.
    i have died so many times while i was 'booted and relogging' that i cant even count them.
    and i know many others that go thru this daily as i do.
    this has been occurring for quite some time now; as nothing has been done about it for so very long, i have resigned myself to the fact that it may never be fixed.
    maybe someone should create a thread listing out the massive amount of crap that should have been fixed years ago, yet has never even been addressed?!?
    the fact that all these probs go on with no regard for the players is inexcusable! while at the same time, a client, which maybe 10 out of 100 ppl that play uo even care exsists, much less play, gets almost all the attention.
    SAD ...VERY SAD!
    wake up and listen to the players guys, or you will wake up one day and have no players to pay your salaries.

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Considering the nature of today's client publishes, has anyoen checked to see if that was one of the terrain movement issues fixed?