1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Shard Down

Discussion in 'UO Oceania' started by Fink, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Fink

Fink Guest

No message that I saw..

2. Samaira

Samaira Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Me either - was watching my screen for gains (figured I might as well train some skills while everyone was off playing in the abyss, heh) and just lost con.

3. Fink

Fink Guest

I only just jumped on to crank through some Imbuing gains, so I gather those are gone. I did a Big training session a few hours ago, hope I didn't lose those. :eek:

*edit*

We're back.. we lost less than 4 hours going by my skill.

4. Samaira

Samaira Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Less than two I think... I was working begging and lost about a whole point, but lost nothing to the fishing I was working before dinner.

:wall:

5. Fink

Fink Guest

And we're gone again.

6. Samaira

Samaira Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Typical - we go down again just as I reveal to cast an ev at the Tokuno spawn. Now I'm gunna come back dead to lizardmen :thumbdown:

7. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

This is to be expected with expansion launches. So far this one has been much smoother than ML's, let alone some of the others. I would rather they get the bugs out of the way ASAP anyway.

8. Fink

Fink Guest

Wasn't that what the Beta was for? :wall:

9. Sneaky Que

Stratics Veteran

Yes but beta is on one shard with not nearly as many people playing it. Also what is to stop beta testers from not reporting bugs and once SA goes live using them to their own advantage?

Now that people are actually seriously playing SA many more bugs will be found. It is unreasonable to expect there not to be bugs during the release. I think they have done a good job so far.

10. Fink

Fink Guest

If I had to guess I would say Retribution had more people than Oceania on it, even in closed beta.

I must say, I'm enjoying my new invisible frenzied ostard..

11. Sneaky Que

Stratics Veteran

More than Oceania yes, but Oce is one of the smallest shards. Most of the shards would have way more than Retri did.

...and besides. Some of us had a ping of 1000+ to Retri during closed beta. I logged on it twice, could hardly move, and gave up. Partly my fault for having wireless broadband at the time, but even on my ADSL now I ping 500+ to TC1. They really should of started up a TC in Japan, it would of enabeled a lot more people to properly test it.

12. Katlene

Katlene Guest

i had the same drama, i only logged into beta a couple of times but i was such a pain to move around that i just didnt bother
    now i just need to figure out wtf to do now! im totally lost. Fumble my way through i guess

13. Fink

Fink Guest

Most of the stuff I beta tested was static sort of gameplay, but it was pretty laggy to move. I recently had worse lag on Oceania.. thankfully mostly cleared up!:thumbdown:

I asked for a downunder server.. even one in Japan would have done. I understand a good proportion of players are in Japan.

So.. these shard outages are because of fixes? Or because of bugs?

14. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Most likely bugs