1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Shard Help Plz

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by WildWobble, Jun 23, 2010.

1. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

What shard will i ping best to? I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. I would like to find a shard with a mid size population with a decent player market. My goals are simple a nice 18x plot perhaps a castle. Let me know the best shards to choose will do a bit of wandering when i get back into the game until then i would love some suggestions.

2. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Well both game clients will provide you with the best choices as far as a shard based on your connection/ping. That will help you narrow it down to a few choices and then we might be able to offer insight as to population and playstyle for those choices.

Here is a bit of information on the servers: http://uo.stratics.com/content/misc/servip.shtml

Oh and Welcome Back!

3. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Lake Superior!

4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Come to Catskills.
    We have cookies!

All joking aside, your gaming experience would be best on a shard you have a good connection to. For me Cats is the perfect fit. Its always been a fairly healthy population, but the server also has connection speeds for me.