1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Shard of the Dead, Continuing Coverage

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Sorcon Gartius, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The what now? Felucca only shard? Without AoS properties?

2. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

anything without AoS...make resist resist, and make AR umm, AR :p
    Do away with the nubmers and calculators :)

3. It is quite interesting.

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

/signed

5. Ls Jax Ls

Ls Jax Ls Visitor

What on earth is the point of these ridiculous swords? I just died to one 3 times in a row. These will make the shard an absolute joke.

6. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I believe the point is partially "a joke" as you put it to see if people find them to be a fun reward.

I think the devs are a bit less worried about "balance" at the moment and more about what they can do to bring people (current and former) into the shard for PvP purposes.

I think the point of the swords is to be a little "over the top" in the spirit of a holiday-based PvP shard, not something to be taken as a serious consideration for "prodo" shard PvP.

Stop thinking too much about it and grab a few for yourself to waste a few people with... it's kind of the whole point.

7. Ls Jax Ls

Ls Jax Ls Visitor

Why would I want to walk up to someone with a sword that can't miss that does 10,000 damage? How is that fun?

8. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Because you can, because it has an entirely different meaning on a special shard vs a prodo shard, and because it IS that absurd (which is part of the point of a special shard like SotD... some level of absurdity).

9. Jesusislord

Jesusislord Guest

Finally, a counter for Mysticism.

10. Taylor

What sword do you speak of?

*rummages through pack*

11. There are Towers at the Virtue Shrines. If you can stand on top of 1 for 30 seconds, you get a Glass Sword.

Doesn't miss, 10,000 damage. Instant Kill.

I think the problem was that they put them at EVERY Shrine. It should have been deep in a dungeon, and only ONE.

Guess I'll cover that tomorrow.

12. Babble

Babble Guest

Maybe the developers way to show how absurd a pvp shard is?

13. Ls Jax Ls

Ls Jax Ls Visitor

This shard would actually be fun if it wasn't for the glass swords and the fact that guards are everywhere...

14. Korik Bloodguard

Korik Bloodguard Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

This shard is fantastic, no contest.

15. Taylor

Hmm, I just checked sacrifice and spirituality, but I didn't see any towers.

16. Ls Jax Ls

Ls Jax Ls Visitor

Compassion desert.

17. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

SOTD is like a blind taste test. SOTD is a 99.9% copy of Siege except they named it something different.

If you like it, there is no reason why you shouldnt be playing Siege, because SOTD will be shut down in 1-2 months time.

18. I understand the argument about Siege, but SOTD has some different features. For one, it is ONLY Fel. Although I understand that Siege has a Fel ruleset for all facets, not having to do the ludicrous Luna City PVP.

19. Aragon100

Aragon100 Guest

Im abit confused.

What is classic with this shard?

Is it pre AoS?

If so is it UOR or T2A settings?

20. Taylor

It's not classic. It's a fel-only shard, similar to Siege but without ROT and without non-fel facets (i.e., Trammel, Malas, Tokuno, Ter Mur).

21. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Always something to whine about. I bet is you had one you would be killing everybody and laughing about it.

22. Ls Jax Ls

Ls Jax Ls Visitor

Always something pointless to contribute. :thumbup1:

23. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Malas, Tokuno, Ter Mur on Siege use the Felucca ruleset which is non-consentual PvP. i.e. you can attack anyone anywhere

So the only advantage of LOTD is that there is a smaller landmass which concentrates everyone, but at expense of all the cool areas, content, quests, spawn, champs, peerless, monsters in Malas, Tokuno and Ter Mur.

24. Since everything is non-blessed, there is no armor and only the weapons you can scrounge up. Regs are not guaranteed or all over the place, so most people are only rolling melee classes.

Siege is old and established, so there is a bit of everything there. This is a fresh start.

25. Taylor

Yes, I am familiar with Siege, as I play there. When I say "fel," I mean the facet--not the rule set.

26. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Do you currently play uo? have you played Uo in the last few years? Simply put players can log out then re-log in and BAM your pet or its ghost for that matter is right there with you!!

27. I haven't had a pet die in a long time, so I didn't know about that change. However, it's still not great time management having to hunt down a Veterinarian to rez it. Especially if you're in a faction. (unless they changed something there too)

28. RL'S pker

RL'S pker Sage
    Stratics Veteran

29. Taylor

Reds with spears is pretty old school. I remember when a nekkid toon with GM magic resist and a spear could kick mage arse. :D

30. RL'S pker

RL'S pker Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, most of us play dexxers there. I play a lumber jack dexxer currently. It's hard playing a mage there with those stupid swords. People just run up and one hit ya taking all your regs....

So, it's easier to suit a dexxer...hehe

31. Gandie

Gandie Guest

You should also cover the red healer invasion, jhelom gate is fun :D

32. I know, I planned on mentioning that in my next blog. They are EVERYWHERE. All shards need this kind of Red Healer coverage. It would make the death walks a little easier to swallow.