1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Shard Population

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by UoVanny, Jan 6, 2010.

1. UoVanny

UoVanny Guest

What are the top 3 shards by population?

Thanks in advance - just an old player considering coming back and taking a look around.

2. Santo Cristo

Santo Cristo Guest

Welcome back.

I just started playing a week ago and I went thru the same process...

I do not know the exact answer to your question but I took the time to look around in a few shards and Atlantic seemed to be the one with a smaller number of house spots available. I always see a good number of people around the banks.

Hope that helps.
  3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Atlantic is the biggest of the non-Asian shards. There are some of the Asian shards of similar size, but you have language and culture barriers (not to mention an ocean's worth of lag).

Pacific is the largest west-coast shard.
  4. Fairie4

Fairie4 Guest

I personally think the top three population servers are Atlantic, Chesapeake and Pacific. If you play with the 3d client you can select the servers to be listed from highest population to lowest.
  5. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 11, 2009
    Wow - that's a cool feature. Have to check it out tonight!
  6. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nov 3, 2001
    I suppose that feature only lists the shards population at the time when you use that feature. Therefore not comparing how many players/account a shard has but how many are online right then. While it is an indicator for a shards population, you have to think of the different time zones. US prime time is sleeping time for Europe.
    Personally I suppose 'the asian shards' beeing higher populated than most of the western ones.