1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Shard selection help

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Antmf712, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Antmf712

Antmf712 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

He all. Am gonna get into UO and really give it the old college try and not stop playing after only a couple of weeks. Anyways, I want to play on a somewhat populated shard so I can make friends get help when I need and maybe dabble in a little pvp. I know Atlantic is very populated but I heard there are a ton of kids tha talk smack and being 45 I rather not deal with that. Can anyone direct me to a good shard or give me your opinions? I am n the east coast if that matters. Thanks...

2. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Chessy is probably your best bet, less crowded than atlantic but enough people to have activity. If you join some vets monitor the help channel if you need help getting started. PVP smack talk is probably on all shards so I dont think that will be avoided.

3. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

There are some very helpful active guilds on Chesapeake. You might want to post a query on the Chessy forum. I'm sure you'd receive a welcome response. You also might it easier to find a suitable location for a decent sized house there, since it isn't as crowded as Atlantic.

4. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If you do pick chesy feel free to ICQ me anytime for help.