1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Shard Shield question...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Han Telemnar, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Han Telemnar

Han Telemnar Adventurer

So I finally got one of my accounts to the proper age for a set of Shard Shields. I had a question for those veteran shard travelers...

1. What shard (I am on Atlantic btw) is the best for trading? Meaning which Shard would be best for me to visit in order to buy/sell items back and fourth from Atlantic?

I am just thinking about taking a shield to an old shard I used to play on. But hell, I have waited 14 years for this chance and the more I think about the, the more I see an opportunity to expand my vendor business.

2. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

so you want to know what shards the other people who currently do this to make gold do it on because you dont want to do the legwork to find out.

hmmmm, Bahle.

hope to see ya there!
    :)

3. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Visit all shards and you can use those no name search sites but keep in mind that what you find this month may not be there next month. I picked shards that I wanted to visit and if I find good deals then so much the better. You are on the best shard for trading if you did not know that.

4. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I would have to say that based upon my own pvp/population experience and more importantly the most popular item search site that Great Lakes would easily be the best shard to go to for trading.

5. Mark Trail

Mark Trail Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Most shards have had their vendors stripped by cross-shard shoppers like you. Sorry. Opportunities go with size and you are already on the biggest population.

6. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot

Lol. Nothing is stripped.

Valuable items are farmed/won weekly on every shard.

Grab a Kleenex or maybe play on a real shard

7. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

yeah cross sharding isnt really a lucrative "business" anymore. before shields there was little competition, as you had to buy enough stuff to make up for the 100mil token cost.

The shields also made it so guilds / players who do sell items can choose to on atlantic. and again, not having to bring over 100s of millions worth of stuff to make it worth it.

I wouldnt base your shard decision solely on buying stuff in luna. check out what else the shard has to give, like if there is a guild you might want to have fun with, rp stuff, events.

#7 Smoot, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    Barry Gibb and Lord Frodo like this.
  8. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Am I the only one who just uses the Shard Shields to transport 14 years of holiday gifts, and nice suits, back and forth to my characters? ;D but Atlantic is a must have, for sure.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  9. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Nope. That's what mine are for.

Lord Frodo and G.v.P like this.
  10. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I do not know how many picks you have available but I find it useful to have multiple tokens on my main shard or Atlantic. That way you have more tokens to bring stuff back with. Usually someone traveling from Atlantic is willing to take your token to the shard they are going to. I personally always make sure I have my home shard and Atlantic. As Atlantic is your home shard then perhaps two Atlantic.

#10 Podolak, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  11. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie

I just posted another thread on this subject but my question is a bit different. I only want to know how to use the Shard Transfer Shields and tokens simply.
    Why do you recommend two Atlantic since Atlantic is his home shard? Do you mean for him to also have shields to other shards he may want to visit and to take the transfer tokens from his *home-shard-shields (*Atlantic) with him while he visits other shards, in order to return to his home shard?

I am trying to understand all that I have been reading in this and earlier posts. So to simplify how it works, since I have only been on Sonoma all these years, I have asked in a new thread where to keep my selected Shields. *:confused:
    Keep them all in my house on Sonoma?

#11 Jade of Sonoma, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  12. HP_Zoro_HP

HP_Zoro_HP Seasoned Veteran

Maybe he should borrow the kleenex that has your iniitals on it?