1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Shard Ventrilo/Teamspeak?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Gunn4r, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Gunn4r

Gunn4r Guest

Is there one?

Its weird after playing WoW and using Vent for so long not to really use it anymore now that I only play UO again.

hehe.

2. Morgana Grim

Morgana Grim Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

i don't think there is any whole shard communication. It's just used by individual groups and guilds for day to day and events.
    i played WoW and i miss that aspect too.........but in UO you seldom play with random people, so yeah.

3. Gunn4r

Gunn4r Guest

All the more reason to have a shard vent server.

I think i'll host one. :) details to follow soon. happily give guilds PW protected chans also.

Yesss that sounds great!

4. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

All the large guilds would have it if course, but no, there isn't a shard one. Over the past month I had been seriously thinking of providing one actually, a sort of NEW and shard server which could be used for events.

However, two things worry me. Firstly, I don't know how many would actually use such a thing judging by the number of folk who turn up to community events and the numbers of NEW members that use the existing one. Second, I don't know if the owner of such a facility - which could be accessed by basically anyone who has the IP info - would technically be liable for anything if, say, someone used it to abuse other people or something like that in this litigious age in which we live.

Also, there is that new Stratics communication thing that is being tested. I was going to look into that but can't find where it can be accessed now.

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I was late getting into Connector because my mic outlet didn't work so I had to get a sound card for my pc. Now I have one, have signed up for it, but there's no one to talk to on it. I made a channel for siege perilous, Let me know if anyone's logging in to it. Sitting in an empty channel is no fun.

I found my way there using this link:
    http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=42248#post42248

Now sitting in the Siege Perilous channel. Anyone who's got it, come say 'hi'.

7. Gunn4r

Gunn4r Guest

Im just gotta do a typefrag hosted server 35 people limit for now. Should I have it hosted in Cali or Texas? hmmm

Even better though would be someones exisiting server and just up the user limit (if its low) and open it up to everyone, let guilds make guild chans etc. I'd be willing to pitch in.

8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

The Stratics connector is free. *nods*

9. Morgana Grim

Morgana Grim Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

i would like to see something shard wide. When i played before that was a very difficult aspect of the game from a solo point of view. Had no idea where people were and what they were doing until the board pvp showed up after the fact. That has been the factor for my leaving every time i have.
    Siege being such a small population, i think it would be helpful. Well from my point of view i think it would be. i'm sure from some of the guilds point of view it wouldn't matter to them either way, since their methods of communication are in place.

10. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Darn it! I am at work. I will have to listen to your dulcet tones on another day.

11. Gunn4r

Gunn4r Guest

Bingo! I will see if i can get that to work for me!

I emailed to that [email protected] email.... now I just wait? Or is there a newer better/faster way to get it going?

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

well, it's free, if it will run on my rig I'd say it will run on just about anything. My pc is a heck of a long way from top of the range, and people with no mic are not excluded, it's possible to listen in and then type replies.

13. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Thanks, Kelmo. The area you linked to is restricted access but I have sent a sign-up request using Petra's.

14. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

Why in the Hell would I wanna hear you people talking in my ear?::sad4:

15. Morgana Grim

Morgana Grim Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

To know where they are so you can go take their stuff.

16. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Perhaps you will get access to the Alpha Test forum when you get signed up for Connector.

17. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I signed up for the Stratics Connecter Beta testing and have my login info, but never logged in! lol I'll try and set it up later.

18. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How long does it take to hear about a sign-up request? I sent one in a few days ago and haven't heard anything yet.

19. Masuo Kenji

Masuo Kenji Guest

Sent an email for the connector, hopefully I get a reply soon.

I've used Vivox based voice servers in EVE and EQ2 before and they sound great. Better than Teamspeak, and around Ventrilo quality. I hope this one is the same.

20. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Has anyone had a reply to their email?

21. Gunn4r

Gunn4r Guest

Im still waiting... been over a week now? i think...

22. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I haven't gotten one yet either.

23. Elm

Elm Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Hi folks,

Sorry about not sending out any reply emails,i have been away to PAX in Seattle and just got back after a long haul back home.

I have all the mails and will get to them shortly but may be tomorrow before i get around to them after i have unpacked and settled.

Thanks!

24. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

*nods*

Thanks for the update.