1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Shard wide Vendor house

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by VinnySP, Aug 21, 2014.

1. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

I have a keep that is not in use and not to far from a moongate, I was thinking that it might be a good idea(if the people would go for it) to make it a Shard wide vendor house. Of course the vendors would be free and rent free as well. The vendor search option is good and all but some of the wares are a bit far to get to. I just think it would be nice to have everything in one spot instead of running here and there. I remember the days of High Moon on Catskills and her Vendor mall, impressive to say the least and was always your go to spot to find what you needed. Anyways, just a thought and was wondering what the masses think. Please let me know if your interested or if ya think it would be a waste .

Thanks,
    Sir Vincent/Singularity

Uvtha, York_Siege, startle and 3 others like this.
  2. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Get all your needs met at Leaf's Magic Mushroom! First House on the left when you go out the West Gate at Luna Bank...even guard zone shopping available. Just saying :danceb:

startle and Baby Doll like this.
  3. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran

Dammit Leaf!! You just Vendor blocked me lol! Get your own thread women :gee:

startle likes this.
  4. Blaeke

Blaeke Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

She vendor bombed ya! :fight:

Just joking around Leaf. She is running a mighty fine shop.

I like your idea, Vin. I'm sure many would love to have a free vendor at your keep, a mall kind of thing could be quite cool. I'll place one, but I'm lackadaisical about stocking... Place a bulletin board outside stating your intent, etc.

VinnySP and startle like this.
  5. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

:cheerleader: Can't blame a girl for trying...hehe

Blaeke, Victim of Siege and startle like this.
  6. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I think that it is a great idea.

VinnySP likes this.
  7. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran

Ok so any takers? The keep is SW in Trinsic, just follow the Water line and is about two screens SW from the water fall.

8. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

My New Magincia vendor house gets a fair amount of activity. So if anyone wants to drop a rune in my mailbox to another vendor house I would gladly lock it down on my front steps for public use.

#8 Baby Doll, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    Leaf, VinnySP and startle like this.
  9. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran

Thank you for that offer Baby Doll. I'll do that forsure but need to get some vendors in there first.

10. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Are you looking for vendors that will hold particular goods or just random vendors of whatever people want to sell?

11. Blaeke

Blaeke Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I would hazard to guess (god forbid I assume) that a vendor of any ware/items would work as this is going to be a massive vendor mall.

mm hmm

12. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

without this being parked right on a moongate or inside a gz this is a worthless idea.

13. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

you could ask to connect it to the Hub make it easy to get to.

14. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

With vendor search, players will find the vendors. That also do, that vendors don't have to be near moongates or towns. Many may start having vendors at their own house again, special if the items are in demand

15. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Love your idea Baby Doll! You can mark a Rune to your shop and put it in my mailbox as well and I will lock it down on my steps.

16. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Yes, that's why vendor mall outside guard zone may not be a good idea. Players having a few vendors in their own house won't have big problems with thieves.
    I don't mind running a little if there is an item I need on a vendor far away from town and moongates.

17. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Good morning Baby Doll...I was just at your vendor house and your mail box will not accept my rune... I think you may need to change the settings to Anyone :)

18. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

It is all new to me too, but someone was trying to drop off kegs to me and couldn't because I had it set to Owner. When I changed it to Anyone he could drop them off...So I have mine set to Anyone now. So my understanding is the Access is for those who drop off.

UPDATE...Mail boxes need to be secured, not locked down and settings are for those who can remove. Brainstorming this morning with Sam and Baby Doll :thumbsup:

#18 Leaf, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    Baby Doll likes this.
  19. FrejaSP

Mailbox must be lockdown and secure and set to the one who pick the items from mailbox. If set to anyone, all can take stuff in mailbox

#19 FrejaSP, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    Leaf and Baby Doll like this.