1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Shard X-fer basics...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mairut, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Mairut

Mairut Guest

A bit of confusion about this...

Everything on the character gets transferred...
    Everything in that character's bank gets xferred...

Now

Can you use packies to xfer items?
    Or
    Do any animals have to be in the stable, and you can only xfer what you have on you and in your bank?

Do you have to be unmounted as well?

Thanks!
    Mairut

2. Xclio

Xclio Guest

Animals do not have to be stabled, packies can be loaded. You must be unmounted.

3. woody_cats

woody_cats Guest

also make sure to say all follow me before you transfer

4. Laina

Laina Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Everything you are wearing, everything in your pack and everything in your bank is transferred.

All stabled pets are transferred. You must be unmounted, and that pet will be transferred with you as well.

You can use up to 5 filled packies to transfer items if you do not have a mount. (5 control slots, so you can use a beetle and 2 packies).

5. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Maximum 900 items all around. Including backpack, bank and packies.

6. Hi, only done a few transfers before and have just initiated one now. I've been squealched though for uhm 15-20 mins and not logged out. I don't remember this being normal? Any ideas, I dont want to close the client and risk screwing things up.

Melissa

7. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

15 - 20 minutes isn't unusual.

8. No, thought you were automatically logged out after you committed. This didnt happen to me, i eventually ended up with the time out warning and had to close it anyway. Looks like stuff has transferred now though!

Melissa

9. Mairut

Mairut Guest

Thanks very much, everyone!! :thumbup:

10. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran

Most of the time my game just freezes or locks up. It seems like the more items I transfer the longer it takes, I have had no problems filling up pack horses but I try to put most expensive stuff in my bank and main pack just in case. The shortest time it ever took was like 10mins and the longest was well over an hour. Watch taking stuff from the moving crate if you even click it with mouse and try to put it back into crate it will drop on the ground at your feet. Don't forget your auto re-insurance will get turned off sometimes. I have also had rune book issues once or twice

11. AshMoney

AshMoney Guest

I did have a problem xfering with packies several months back. When i xfered, the packies were there with me, but as soon as i started to walk off, with them supposedly following me, one packie disappeared. Which in turn lost me many soulstones, and many rares i had on the packie. So just be careful when doing this.

12. Tangled Metal

Tangled Metal Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

900 PLUS the items you have on your paperdoll is the max amount of items if you have 150 storage in your bank box.

13. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable

I have found that it's MUCH safer to leave the packies inside the moving crate - don't unpack them until you're inside your destination house or somewhere safe like a bank or inn. I used to unpack them from the crate the instant i landed on the new shard, but I have had them wander and have also had them attack a vampire bat and die no matter how much I screamed all stop and all follow me. I leave everything in the transfer crate except my worn items until I am somewhere safe.

14. Ken of Napa

Stratics Veteran

This is what I do now, you have 7 days to claim everything. That gives you plenty of time to get a safe place set ups as well as safe storage.

When I transfered to GL for the rares fest I unpacked my packies 1 at a time and transfered the items from the packies to characters from a second account. This allowed me to use their banks as storage.

15. sirone

sirone Guest

Is there anyone planning to transfer to Sonoma?

Please let me know.

Sirone