1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sheep shearing

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by Frozen_Wind, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Frozen_Wind

Frozen_Wind Guest

I have accepted a quest to shear sheep. Where do I get the shears from? I tracked down a shepherd in Brtiannia but he didn't have anything to sell.:confused:

Thanks

Jon

2. Bryelle Vaughn

Bryelle Vaughn Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The best place I have found is the Sheep pen in Yew. If you kill the sheep once you have sheared them then they spawn again. If that is still not enough you can sometimes find some in Delucia with all the cows.

3. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

just use a sword type weapon on the actual sheep to sheer them

4. Frozen_Wind

Frozen_Wind Guest

Seems the only way of shearing a sheep is by killing it. Seems a bit brutal and unsound environmentally?

Jon:eyes::eyes:

5. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There is no need to kill the sheep. Just double click a bladed weapon in your backpack and then just target the sheep. :)

6. Fink

Fink Guest

You'll get better wool off a live sheep than a dead one. The wool taken from sheep corpses doesn't make as much yarn as the wool taken from live sheep.

7. Tay M'real

Tay M'real Guest

use any bladed item (dagger, sword etc..) and target the sheep - you'll 'shear' it and receive the wool in your pack :)

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Has anyone tried a harvester's blade, to see if it gives more wool than a normal bladed item? If so, let me know for the FAQs on UO Craftsman.

9. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The harvester blade gives not more wool when you shear the sheep but does give 1 wool more when you use it when you have killed the sheep.