1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sherry the Mouse dug a hole to my basement...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Winter, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Doing a bit of minor redecorating in my keep yesterday, I placed an Easter Bunny next to Sherry the mouse. Today I placed a chair and standing harp in the small space and noticed that Sherry the Mouse was gone!

I ran all over my keep with transparency on and opened every container thinking MAYBE I just moved it, but nothing. Next, I removed all lock downs from the area... nothing. Sherry was gone!

A little sad and desperate, I stood over the spot where Sherry was supposed to be and said, "News." I got the message "I have no news for you at this time." AHA! Sherry dug a hold to the basement of my keep!

I couldn't retrieve Sherry with the object handles (how the heck did I get sooo many stacked objects!), but pulling on the object handle did eventually pull her back to the floor of my keep. She is now moved to her own corner and safely raised two tiles above the floor.

So... what made Sherry go to the basement after she was already locked down?

startle likes this.
  2. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

Sherry knows it's proper for sherry to be stored at cooler temperatures. :rolleyes:

EM_Bennu likes this.
  3. Tamergirl

Tamergirl Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Have you tried moving Sherry up with a interior decorator? Use ctrl /shift..grab the tag and try making her climb back out of her basement empire! Not sure it will work but worth a try.

4. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

LOL... that was the first thing I thought of when I finally found the tag - I couldn't even see the tag without click dozens out of the way first. But the problem is that you can't work the decorating tool while holding Ctrl-Shift.

5. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

That could be the answer!

Fino/Manzanilla: 7-9ºC
    Pale Cream: 9ºC
    Medium: 10ºC
    Cream: 12ºC or on the rocks
    Dry Amontillado/ Oloroso: 13ºC
    Pedro Ximenez: 13 – 14ºC

Amber Witch likes this.
  6. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sure you can, use the tool first, then hit Ctrl-Shift, done it many a time. Raise and lower stuff with the object tags all the time. And you also can get rid of the tags while the tool is active, you can still right click with the cursor tool target and get rid of the unwanted tags until you get to the one you want.

Ludes likes this.
  7. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Thanks for the tip! I was doing it backwards.

8. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

if all else failed you could have placed a piece of cheese next to the hole :p

Amber Witch and startle like this.
  9. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

*runs off to the inn keeper to buy some cheese*

startle likes this.
  10. Adol

Adol Certifiable

You can also just attempt to "Use" an object (double click it's ctrl-shift tag) and then use any macro with Last Object (CC) or Cursor Target Last (EC) and it'll keep reapplying the command... so use the Deco Tool once, target via ctrl-shift as suggested, then just keep pressing the macro key to raise it up constantly.

You can do similar with treasure maps and shovels to avoid keep manually having to test the ground, each dig will be applied to the map first.

startle likes this.
  11. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

I was thinking at the time that maybe if I left Sherry to digging, she could dig out a basement for me. Then I could have my own little cave under my house.

Next Booster Pack: UO Basements

BrianFreud and startle like this.
  12. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*chuckles*

13. Amber Witch

Long ago I had a tower on GL that was on uneven land. You could enter underneath the tower from the low spot. Great hiding spot!

The Zog historian likes this.
  14. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

That was definitely a long, long time ago! Before 1999, right? Before the first housing publish tightened placement rules, I managed to place a large forge in west Ocllo. It sat on top of trees, and I couldn't get in. My hope was that a GM could force it down, because space for big houses was almost unheard of. The GM who replied wouldn't, but he did redeed it so I wouldn't lose gold.

15. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

My tower on Napa had a simular problem..while i have seen many have a goza 4th floor in the past it seems there is a cealing of how high on a tower roof you can go. on the right front over hang i had a goza and a potted plant to of which i placed a trinsic rose to make it look nice.. using the tool i raised it up a few too many and it poofed. I used everything to find it and even the ctrl shift didnt see it. GM to the rescue...
    After explaining what i did and all the methods of trying to get it on my own failed... the GM had the ah haa moment and found it in the hidden lvls of the upper reaches that he explained was where it went and to please not put it so high next time. go figure..

16. Amber Witch

Ayup, before '99 and all that.

Tree houses in Ocllo! A bit of the elf in you eh? Father was an elf? Mother was a dwarf ? You took the best of both worlds and built a smithy in the trees? They would be proud I bet!

[btw, I think you have the one of the best sigs.]

17. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I was just a human looking for a good home, but I'd have taken that treehouse. A friend and I easily placed a 7x7 within a couple of months, when saving 40K meant an awful lot of chopping wood. By the time I saved enough for my own large, there was no room anywhere. There were a lot of small "hijacked" houses everywhere that perhaps the owners were letting drop, but the thieves kept refreshing them.