1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Bushido] Shield Question

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Slickjack, May 22, 2009.

1. Slickjack

Slickjack Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
    Stratics Veteran

I have gotten mixed answers on this from friends, SO.... I turn to the expert Sampire elites in this forum....

My Template:
    swords
    anatomy
    tactics
    resist
    bushido
    necro
    chiv
    "NO PARRY"

Now, obviously i CANT hold a shield when i want to use my ornate, but do i hold one when i am able to, i.e. when using my scimitar???

Thanks ahead of time for the advice, I know someone here has the correct answer.

2. Bushido lets you parry without a shield if you have the parry skill also.

you need to add Parry or you will not see the benefits.

If you have Bushido and Parry and use a single-handed weapon, you should still not equip a shield.

3. Slickjack

Stratics Veteran

So, no anatomy, I'm assuming to make this workable?

4. Nope. No Resist.

5. You could drop anatomy. It would lower your damage output and, therefore, the amount you heal and leech. Keeping resist is apparently useful against monsters that use blood oath (Necro casters).

6. Let me amend this by saying you should have both. 1 on the character, normally Anatomy, and 1 on a soulstone. You really only need to use Resist if you go to Doom to counter the Necro spells.

7. Slickjack

Stratics Veteran

thx very much for the refresher fella's.... ive gotten the itch to bring my sammy back out and was just rusty... template is still difficult skill points wise, but the faction artys have made suit making ALOT easier... and cheaper,,,,,

8. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes and everyone else for that matter.