1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Shield with 10str 10dex 10int legal?

Discussion in 'UO Europa Trade' started by Klapauc, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry for asking a simple question here, but i did think the people here may know an answer.
    I did buy a wooden shield with 10 str, 10 dex, 10 int and some bless charges.
    Before im going to imbue and use it, i would like to know if this is an legitimate item or something that gets deleted on sight.
    Im not playing long enough to know where it would come from.

Edit:
    It loses a bless charge everytime it gets equipped. So that stat bonus will be gone when the charges are used up. Not worth using then.

2. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Item is legit/legal. Only very old and the display of its properties is confusing.
    Actually there is no 10 str/int/dex on that shield. It is the old effect of the bless spell.
    You dont only use up 1 charge every time that shiel is equipped but it also renews that bless spell once it wears off. It will run out of charges very fast and loose its special bonuses.

3. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you for that answer. Just what i wanted to know. To bad there is no use for that, still a good purchase for 39k, i didnt see many of them before.

4. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I got an entire chest full of them, back in the great IDOC fall of '03 (or was it 04?)! Thought I'd made it big time till I realised a few minutes later what they actually were :)