1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Ships] Ship Decay

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Frodo Baggins, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Frodo Baggins

Frodo Baggins Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am going away for 5 days and have my hold full of crab and lobster and was wondering if it is safe for 5 days or should I unload it/dry dock the ship.
    Anybody recall what the actual decay is for a ship?? I have read it somewhere but can't remember and don't have time to search it today (working while typing this)
    Cheers

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Ship Decay

Sounds like 5 days is the limit and you'd probably be pushing things.

Two options:

1.) Ask a friend that you trust to refresh the ship for you. Park it in an easily reachable place and get them a rune - make sure that they have access to the ship to be able to refresh it.

2.) Unload the ship and dry-dock it. (Commodity deeds make this fairly painless).

Good Luck!

3. Frodo Baggins

Frodo Baggins Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks - will empty it tonight before I leave!!

4. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

With the release of High Seas, ship decay was extended to 2 weeks. See here for more information: http://vboards.stratics.com/1922775-post11.html.

Tazar suggests two very good options to ensure it does not decay. The second option is safer. You do not want the boat and runes to disconnect (a known, random bug).

Stayin Alive,

BG

5. Loren

Loren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

What happens to items, gold, gold checks, containers, or fishes that are on your ship if it goes into decay?

6. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

Decay is a process that takes 2 weeks to complete. During the process, the ship and contents remain intact and accessible to you and whoever you have set on your security settings (for the newer ships). UO Guide has a simple explanation of Ship Decay (called Ship Refreshing). Once it reaches the end of the decay process, the ship and its contents go poof. If the ship has been refreshed at anytime, the decay timer starts over.

Stayin Alive,

BG