1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ship Rental Fee

Discussion in 'UHall' started by G.v.P, Jan 14, 2011.

1. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

With the introduction of the "Whale Ship," I thought it might be a nice idea to implement an option for all modern ships to be auto-renewed at an expense, sort of like keeping a Player Vendor up. And by option, I don't mean a do-it-or-die change, I mean an option to stay old school or to pay.

Was thinking the base model could be (an estimated ship value divided by 1,775 plus 5,000) added to (the add-on capacity times 1,000) ... which would result in a 200k ship requiring a 12,113 gp weekly refresh fee and the whale (150 mil) a 100,507 gp weekly refresh fee. For example, 200k ship / 1,775 + 5,000, plus 7 add-ons * 1,000 = 12,113 weekly fee.

You could just add money to the pilot like you do on a Player Vendor, and check the status that way. Would be great for vacation time or to further the "goldsink." I know people will say, "just dry dock the ship," lol but that's not my point. Be nice not to have to worry about refreshing, at a cost.

2. A long term parking lot?

sure ... model it against a rl model ...
    the longer it stays unattended/unvisited
    the more likely it is to get broken into and looted :scholar: exposure to the elements fades your finish ...

3. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Bah I was hoping we can get a ship that works more closer to an actual house.

I play 7 shards now and would LOVE to have the ability to place a boat house. You know I used boats to transfer items between characters before, but now I am not even sure if its safe anymore. Because last time I heard anyone can sink your boat or cause an accerelated decay or something (I dont have high seas).

IMO allow one boat house per shard per account that doesnt have too many lock downs but is safe (automatically accessible from the chars of the same account) would surely up the sales on the high seas expansion BIG TIME.

4. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

Maybe they could make it mandatory to have to pay a fee. You could imagine the tillerman might have a tool box or maybe you would have to upgrade some type of crew and then pay them to do different things, like ship up-keep and if you decided that you did not want to pay, maybe you could refresh your ship by taking it to a repair dock, which would wave the fees and maybe even a player dock in the future, if you had a water front home or access to a friend's dock.

The reason I say that, is because I thought it was going to be one boat per account but I can already own 28 ships and that would take up alot of room if everybody put 28 ships in the water.

5. Gowron

Gowron Guest

Actually, under the suggested model, the tillerman would attend to it and perform routine maintenance to protect the ship from exposure to the elements.

Not a bad idea entirely, but I would prefer the system to stay as is.

6. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

no, thanks, the whale ship is bad as it is without adding more costs...

7. Gowron

Gowron Guest

You can still do it. The only risks you have to losing everything is if you either park it in fel, or you grant public access to your hold. High Seas expansion only allows one ship to be at sea per account as it is, so make it count...

8. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

1 ship per character ;)

9. Gowron

Gowron Guest

I will have to give that a shot. I tried doing it a couple months ago, and despite being a different char, it told me I already had one out. Maybe that changed a patch or two ago...

10. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

it's this from the beginning of hs, I have 1 ship per char since the beginning :D

11. Its a good idea. Just shouldnt be cheap. Fair but not cheap.

12. Nails

Nails Journeyman

doing quests could become a serious issue with this idea. i like the idea of auto renew but am highly concerned of how the seas will quickly become littered and overrun will ships that you have to constantly navigate around. forget getting to docks.

good gold sink but possibly a cause of larger issues

13. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I wouldn't want the fee to be mandatory, but I thought it would be a nice option for those with some extra cash, or those put in a situation in which clearing a cargo hold would be a problem. 28 ships? 28 chars, you mean? Not sure how many people have four accounts worth of ships. I have 4 out on the ocean right now.

I agree, to an extent. I don't think the original three ships should be that expensive, maybe 25k a week at the most, and I struggled to find a model that would fit both a 200k base and a 150mil base so I went with a STR to HP model ;p. I don't think anyone would pay more than 100k per week to auto-refresh the Brit ship though. Has to be fairly sensible.

14. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I am not sure this is the Whale the devs were talking about.... though it might be.

15. Babble

Babble Guest

But more fun so, if you never know if your ship survives or not.
    :p

16. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Hehe the slightly-imposing-more-than-a-screen-full Britannia vessel :)