1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Shop now - Ginsu's Vendors

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Ginsu's, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Ginsu's

Ginsu's Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Ginsu’s Vendors are at Makoto-Jima town, so you can do shopping right in town.
    Vendors are in the S/W corner.

1. Potions kegs
    2. Smoke Booms
    3. Bolts
    4. Ingots
    5. Petals – Thorns
    6. Bandages
    7. Bolts of Cloth – Folded Cloth (Bolts of Cloth SOLD)
    8. Physical Resist or Fire Resist suits
    9. Tailor Repair deeds

:thumbup1: :thumbup:

2. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

is it just me or... wtf?

3. Ginsu's

Ginsu's Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry I don't understand ?

4. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Your name is that of a previous crafter on Siege who died IRL a cpl years ago.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread.

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Names in the game are not exclusive.

6. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

no but I will never do busines with a char of this name, someone need to show a little respect and get a name changes.

7. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Your ignorance is delightful.

8. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Perhaps this person didnt know about any of this. Give the benefit of the doubt, and a chance to change the name. I have only been here just over a year, so I dont know about any of it except what BR has mentioned.

9. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

As far I heard the char was made to remake a player statue of Ginsu. Could not had been so hard to delete the char after 7 days and start with a name.
    I get sad everytime I see this char, I miss Gisnu so it hurt.

Edited: I had been told, it's not the char who was made for the statue, sorry

10. Ginsu's

Ginsu's Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

sorry i just come to this server on 11-12-09
    and did not know anything about another Ginsu
    sorry to hear you will not shop at my vendor :(
    RIP to the old Ginsu

11. FrejaSP

Stay away from me outside town, just an advice.

12. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

Your not nice man. Ginsu`s ma friend and when we came to SP and rolled our toons we were BS`ing about what we should name them. He wanted something catchy for smithing items and stuff....kind of like my name for Tailoring, Carhartt goes well for things like that. Just like Ginsu goes well for bladed weaps ans smithing items.

To hold grudge or think someone should rename their toon over someone we/he never even knew about is straight up rediculous.

I mean that`d be like me saying "I`ll never do buisness with YOU because your name reminds me of Frito`s".....I freekin hate Frito`s.

Sounds pretty stupid doesn`t it.

13. FrejaSP

You do not build a crafter that fast here, so I guess you brought an account and renamed it. Can't be hard to rename it once again

14. FrejaSP

I'm not a man.
    Sure he may be innocent but it hurt many here to see that char, we are many who knew Ginsuu and miss him.

15. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

Please, you couldn't kill a naked crafter if I spotted you 75hp. Get over it, the situation has been explained. The character was created without malice or intent to drudge up old feelings. It is not an uncommon name.

16. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

The hunter might become the hunted...vampire...

17. FrejaSP

Maybe :)

18. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

For your information.... he has 119 tailoring ATM as well as GM arms lore. Not much else.... remember a lil thing called ROT? Yea...makes it pretty easy to GM skills.

Take me for example GM alch GM LJ`ing and 92.7 tinker not to mention magery skills in the 80`s,so don`t tell me ya can`t build a damn crafter in a month.

sheesh.....some friggin peaple.

edit.... I`m sorry for any hard feelings or anything related to his name...like he/I said,we knew nothing of the Old Ginsu aand are sorry if it stirred up old feelings but C`mon...kind of harsh. My apologies and condolences.

19. Ginsu's

Ginsu's Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Think what you want.
    I'm not going to get caught up in your Drama

20. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

Are you kidding me? Please continue to amuse with your lack of knowledge of how skill gain works in a game you've played for over a decade.
    Oh and while your at it, maybe since its so easy to obtain, perhaps you could give him a name change deed free of charge.

21. FrejaSP

Drama? I have right to choose who to do business with and who to try to kill.

22. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

Goddamn do I hate Fritos. Sitting there all smug with there corny crunchiness. Not satisfied with their proper place in the snack hierarchy, no, they had to reinvent themselves into the Frito Scoops. Now there used for dippin and scoopin. And do you know who pays the price for their selfishness? The nacho chip and his family, that's who!!!

23. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Freya, google the word 'ginsu'. It's a coincidence that this character has the same name, that's all. He is not disrespecting your friend, he never knew he existed. He just happened to come across the same line of thought when choosing a name.
    How did the original 'Ginsu' choose that name for his character?

24. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

How did the original 'Ginsu' choose that name for his character?

RL Cliff got that name same way as this new fellow, from the well crafted sharp, Ginsu knives.

When I first saw the name Ginsu, I had some of the same reactions, then again anyone new coming here would have no idea that Siege had a Ginsu whom many knew and liked whom rl passed away.

Unless this or any other Ginsu's whom may come on Siege have the Guardians of MYTH guild tag, well give them a chance. Actually it may be kinda nice in some ways to have a mega crafter on this shard again, sporting that same name. We all know it is not the *original* Ginsu *knife* anyhow.

Once or twice, a year though, his son actually logs on Ginsu, the original Ginsu played by his son now, & logs the chr. on, onto this shard. But again unless any Ginsu chr. out there, is sporting the MYTH guild tag, cuz I keep the original Ginsu on my/our Guardians of MYTH guild roster still, *ie his guild* there should be no confusion, regarding the Ginsus'.

The GM mark may be somewhat compromised with those of us whom kept the original's items for their mark as memories...but even there, unless the cloth /leather tailored items would be done in offical MYTH guild colors, chances are these may be made, from this shard's newer Ginsu ! :)

Good Luck with all ye crafting skills, there, new Ginsu's, ya have some large shoes to fill. :)

25. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Your post and your sig contradict one another.

Also, not everyone holds your ol' pal in such high regard. I could show you some icq logs that would make you think twice about how awesome he was.

Flame on, I know it's coming. I can take it.

26. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

BTW if ya wish to see some few items the original Ginsu/Aeric Horn had made on this shard, ye are welcome to come in the WinterMyth mini library, out by the Pixies far west of Umbra near Iantown. The flaming side of this floor, is mostly the Circle of Flame MYTH, Ginsu side, the snowy side of the floor, is KSS/Wintermoor memories ie WinterMyth mini library, open to the public.

There are some few items that the original Ginsu had made on Siege, in there, and within the bookshelves are items made by some few other crafters of Siege, whom no longer play here for one reason or another.

May ye bone machetes be as sharp, and your tailored robes be as sturdy. :)
    Good luck Sir.

[​IMG]

27. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Freja here is the line

here's you!

28. FrejaSP

I guess I reacted very agressive this morning, I can be to emotionel sometimes. I have to admit, there may be many Ginsu on the shards

Ginsu's son have all right to play his dads chars, I would never react that way if I saw one of Cliffs char with MYTH tag.

I will try to relax, I become a little to emotionel this morning and overreacted, sorry.

29. You can look at it another way as well Freja.....Ginsu seems to be a respectable player and it's actually a compliment to your friend that he's carrying the same name. I don't concern myself with whatever name a player chooses, it's how they act that matters to me.

30. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Don't worry Ginsu. I will shop at your house. Anyone who can **** off this many people simply with your name is my kinda guy. :)

31. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

I agree, Shal. The fact is, Cliff picked a very well recognized commercial name for his crafter. It was certainly not unique, and can be found on other shards as mentioned. I think probably Freja was caught off guard, and as she said, overreacted prompted by emotional response, not surprising really since we have actually seen some low class persons duplicating character names on Siege over the years, with the clear intent to hurt by it. There is no evidence at all that such is the case with this newer arrival on Siege.

Welcome to the shard Ginsu! May your vendors be as well stocked as those of the other well respected Ginsu who once played here. :)

-Skylark

32. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

What about the Nachos people!?!?

Think about the Nachos!!

33. FrejaSP

Yes I thought it was the char made for only to replace the lost player statue of Ginsu and someone keeped playing that char. Kat told me in a PM, that it is not the same char and the one made for the statue is not in use and as far ske know, deleted.

To the new Ginsu, welcome to Siege, and yes, you have some big shoes to fill.
    I may still try to kill you outside town, I'm a vampirere and need blood but it will be in my normal RP way, where your only lose will be your blood and maybe some fame :)

34. Ginsu's

Ginsu's Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I would like to say to everyone. Sorry for your loss

( Freja ) sorry about bring up some old feelings. please forgive me

I will do my best to live up to the good name of Ginsu

35. FrejaSP

You are forgiven, you could not know. Sorry for my pancakes

36. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

37. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

*looks over his shoulder for kelmo*

*tips hat*

38. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

ugh... this thread sucks... reminds me of some kinda sappy 7th heaven episode

where is all the diablo/soulweaver/blah bashing!

DONT YOU PEOPLE KNOW THIS IS THE ONLY **** THAT KEEPS ME ENTERTAINED AT WORK!!!! lol

lol, ill shop at your place buddy!

39. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I'm happy to see this has been resolved. I, too, experienced a little upset when I saw another player with the Ginsu name. I was unsure whether it was someone looking to cause upset, though I was rather impressed with his sig-making abilities! heh

After reading this thread this morning, I assured Freja, privately, that it was not the character we recreated to replace the lost Ginsu statue and that the account had not been sold to anyone. That account also never had any skills and Cliffs old accounts now belong to his youngest son, who plays his characters on LS on some of the same accounts. As Miranda has said, his son does log into Siege once in a while, but not often. If you do see Cliffs Ginsu [or other characters], they will have the MYTH tag and his son has his own Stratics username, though I cannot recall it at the moment.

In any case... Welcome, young Ginsu! We are happy to have you here with us. Please pardon us for being protective of our friends former character name and the bittersweet memories it holds for some of us. His loss was unexpected and the loss of our friend still stings a bit at times.

I will say, however, that Cliff would probably tell us that we're being silly and to focus more on building new memories and having fun, instead of worrying about him. He was funny like that. :)

40. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Extra cheesy or cooler ranch?

41. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Guess I should have PMed you to let you know the story behind the name, but I saw Kat's reply to your first post and assumed she was already on it.

42. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

I'm gunna make a char named Crazy Joe! *rubs hands together*

43. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

Im gonna make a char named Red! lol, hmmm guess that wont work since you're still around...

Ill make a new Sweeney! hahaha

44. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Id make a new Puffy, but alas I have a bulletin board thats says the real puffy is gone....dated 2007

45. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

CJ is alive and well sir...

46. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Glad you can see it this way.

Now you must be punished for your actions. I think a video posted here would suffice...

You need to post a video of you with your skirt aroudn your ankles, and sing...

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, damn rights its better then yours, I could teach you, but id have to charge."

Thank you

47. FrejaSP

Maybe that could trick him to come back :p

48. Pyrite_DTA

Pyrite_DTA Guest

So I just hopped on to the board to take a quick peek to see if anything exciting is happening on Siege before the last of my accounts become inactive this week.

What do I see? A post by Ginsu that made my heart stop.

Reading this thread made me realize why I am just not being able to come back to play. There are just so many good souls that are missing now.

I will be reopening an account every now and then to keep Glory from decay. It is open to the public again. Please visit when you want to remember the smiths who were once the glory of Siege.

49. FrejaSP

Good to see you Pyrite. Yes we had lost so many players but we have good people betveen the newcomers too.

You really should give SA a try, with imbuing, your smith will again be useful and wanted.

50. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Well YOUR GM mark is in my home too for folks to see. I always kept it as my own very first Guildleader after NEW sort of memory of someone whom I also felt was a very strong leader on this shard whom I always respected here too. :) *still remembers the Stratics thread of the arguement of the Py's* lol Two of my guild leaders regarding an event at a moongate with Lady Pyrite defending her own :) and Lord Py Lethius defending his own and Ima sayin to myself..............get out of their way ! :) LOL REFRAIN from getting between your guild leaders I told myself, esp.stong willed Siege leaders be they my past present GMs whom disagree. hehe :)