1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Should detect get a check for passive on SP?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Speedy Orkit, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Use a formula something like...

Hide + Stealth + Ninja/detect hidden = chance to reveal every x seconds or steps.

Char with 100 hide, 120 ninja, 75 stealth VS just a normal JOAT human has about a 15% chance to be revealed every 5s.

2. Urin

Urin Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Absolutely, why not? I never understood why the hell it was taken out.

3. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Absolutely not...you want to detect take track and detect like everyone else...

Lets worry about getting blessed spellbooks and blessed faction gear off SP before we worry about unbroken skills...

4. John Connelly

John Connelly Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Using that formula you would get close to 15 but that is not a 15 % chance but a 1 in 15 chance to reveal which is closer to 7%.

Using the formula as you used it, the higher your detect hidden, the less would be your chances of revealing.

5. Timothy_SP

Timothy_SP Guest

I always hoped they'd add Snooping into the formula thus making thieves harder to detect with Passive OR Active Detect. Notice I said Snooping instead of Stealing, so then the rare thieves wouldn't get the bonus!

6. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

To think that Stealth is broken is Insane!! Just look at these skill averages..

[​IMG]

Nobody runs stealthers on siege.. Your a crazy guy.

:heart:

Edit : Hell even SP! the one guild who doesnt really run stealthers has Hiding at 4 and Ninja at 6..

:heart:

7. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

The problem with running track/detect is it has no other benefits. With hide/stealth/ninja you have death strikes, quick animal form movement, shadow jump etc. All for about 295 skill points. But with track/detect you have 200 skill points locked up into something that to be honest, doesn't work worth a damn.

8. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I don't think blessed spellbooks are a problem anyway, I don't think anyone does. No PvPers use them, because if they did, they would die almost instantly. You need a shield and parry to survive as a mage now. And I agree about faction arties, I think cursed arties should be reintroduced.

9. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Its not the point if there useful or not its one more blessed item thats on sp that shouldnt be...we as a community cannot allow them to keep adding blessed items here slowly because its shows them we dont care if we do have blessed items on sp...second of all sp is more than pvp and i see damn near everyone carrying the lrc one...

10. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Totally agreed detect + tracking should passively work against stealth/hiding.

Also agreed that blessed spellbooks need to be removed.

Although blessed spellbooks go against everything Siege is intended to be, I see hiding/stealth as more of a problem and would rather resolve that first IMHO.

11. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

1) Weaken active detecting. They should have to pin point you. Maybe 3x3 square at GM. Not full screen.

2) Add passive detect, but include directions people are facing into the detect chance.

Stealth behind someone = 0% Passive Detect
    Stealth on the side of someone = 25% Passive Detect
    Stealth in front of someone = 100% Passive Detect

:fight:

12. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I would agree with weakening detect, if we could make tracking actually pin point people.

13. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I don't think that's the best solusion but would be better than nothing.
    I would like to see stealthers as a shadow I can attack, when they move closer than 3 tiles.
    If they stand still 5 sec, they will flade away and you can't see them but when they move, you should be able to see a shadow of them but all names should not show them.

14. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

I dont think you should get the full benifits from stealth if its only at 80.
    If you have less than 100 you should have a chance to be passive revealed by all players/high end monsters (smaller chance = higher stealth).

15. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

and include a distance. Perhaps right in front of you, at 1 tile or 2, close to 100%. \There is much discontent with stealth, yet no one clamours to make it easier. But a lot make discord to undermine it, and wish to make the skills already present easier. So detect and reveal serve no other purpose? I dont use hiding and stealth for much other than their intended purpose.
    Sigh.......thief hate

16. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

75 stealth is all you need for never fail. That is too low. I think anyone with less then 100 stealth, should have a chance to passive detect, with no skills. Cause well, you are not that good at being stealthy. So even an unskilled person should reveal you from time to time. If you have track + detect, and the other has 100 hide +75 stealth, you should 100% reveal within 4 tiles or so. 100 hide, 100 stealth, like 30% passive for a detecter. 120 stealth, 100 hide, 0 chance to passive. There has to be something to make people who wanna stay hidden, use up some more points.