1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Should EMs be allowed to participate in EM events, Run guilds active in the EM Event community...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by The Fallen Disciple, Sep 10, 2014.

Should EMs be allowed to participate in Events, Run Guilds and collect/sell EM Drops?

Poll closed Sep 17, 2014.
  1. No, They could inform close friends of when to expect the drop or pass along other knowledge

2. No, Due to their employment of Broadsword they are held in a higher regard than other subscribers

3. No, Broadsword needs to compartmentalize not on an individual account basis, but on the individual

0 vote(s)
  4. Yes, they pay for their subscription like the rest of us

0 vote(s)
  5. Yes, I don't care

0 vote(s)
  6. Yes, global compartmentalization is overrated and I trust they wont abuse their private knowledge!

0 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Fallen Disciple

Sep 10, 2014
    Should EMs be allowed to participate in EM events on other shards they do not EM on, and if there are two EMs on their shard should they be able to participate on that shard when it is not their time to host?

Should the EMs be allowed to actively participate in and/or run guilds with other players whom collect EM Event Drops?

Should EMs be allowed to collect the EM Event Drops themselves?

I am posting this thread with the above questions to think about.

I for one am not comfortable with EMs being part of guilds with active collectors and participants of EM Events. Who is to say they are not passing along private knowledge to people whom they are associated with? It's rather obvious that 15 people or less within the EM Event Collectors Community own 80% or more of the EM Event Drops. Of those 15 or less people they are active in EM Events, they are active in guilds and have collections worth more gold than one could possibly acquire through playing the game.

In my personal opinion EMs should be held to a higher standard then they are now and should not be allowed to participate in the collection of EM Event drops through participation/buying/selling. There needs to be a divide placed between an EM and a normal every day UO subscriber.

@Promathia you seem to be held in high regard within this community, I am especially curious as to what your take is on this matter. Thanks in advance for your response.
    Falsified Prophet, Peekay and Viquire like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!