1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Should I Be Using a UI? Addons? Certain Macros?

Discussion in 'WoW User Interface, Addons, and Macros' started by Taylor, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I've never played. UO's UIs make its enhanced client far better. What should I be using for WoW?

2. Metro

Metro WoW Staff Writer | WoW Moderator

UI and Addons in general can make a huge difference for the game.
    I would recommend trying Syiler's UI package that he built himself. You can find the information at http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info22416-SyiUI-SyilerSyigamersUI-1920x1080.html
    He explains exactly what addons are there with screenshots of how it looks and what you need to do to install it.

In the end, there wont be much that any addons or UIs can do to help you level, but they will make the game look nicer, and put some of the information in more easily recognizable places.
    Once you are Max level, the addon known as Weak Auras is probably the most useful thing when getting to know a class.
    There addon is very versatile and can make visual indicators for literally EVERYTHING a class can do. There will be people out there who have built packages for it to help others know about key abilities' availability, cool down, duration, proc, etc.

That's something to look at down the line though, as since you don't have most of the abilities until later, the addon wouldn't service you well.

Taylor likes this.
  3. Taylor

Okies, installed. Having a little learning curve re: macros. Not sure what I should be macroing and binding to which keys, etc. When the binding has more than one letter in the textual reference, I'm not always sure what key it's referring to.

Also, I'd be nice to have some type of loot macro.

4. Taylor

Additionally, looks like my pet command frame is covering my chat.

5. Syiler

Syiler Visitor
    Alumni

You can rebind the keys to something more comfortable by doing /dom in the chat then hitting Bind Keys and mouse over the button you want to change and bind it to what you are comfortable with. In terms of a looting macro im not sure you can get one, but you can setup a Loot all by going to Interface > Game > Controls and ticking Auto Loot. You still need to right click on the mob but it will loot everything!

Taylor likes this.
  6. Syiler

Syiler Visitor
    Alumni

For the pet command bar do /dom and configure bars then move it to where is comfortable!

Taylor likes this.