1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Should I be worried about "Forgot Passwork Help" email?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Patty Pickaxe, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Soooo... I just got a "forgot password help" email from EA for one of our accounts (it is closed). I know I did not forget the password and E is at work. So, should I be worried? I checked the status of the account. It still has all of my info, except the billing. I removed that when I closed the account. I tried to log in game and wasn't able to.

I have never had this happen, so I don't know if I should be worried or should be taking any steps to prevent...... something from happening. :confused:

2. Sturdy

Sturdy Guest

I would be worried- someone is probably trying to gain access. You might want to change the password and or account email if you can.

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Change the email address associated with your UO account and the password to your UO account.

4. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks guys! Done! Thankfully, it was not one on my "major accounts". If someone did manage to hack this account, they really would not find much. I think that surprised, me more than the email myself.

5. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I've had this happen a few times. Most likely it was an old owner of the account who knows the username and was just taking the chance that it might still have their email as the contact.

6. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Vortex is dead on. I'm 100% sure that's all it was. Your acct should be fine.

7. Critical Gaming

Critical Gaming Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Give me back my dexxer ring on RW :(

8. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

yeah its most likely an old owner probably didnt think he sold the account or he could of had a similiar account name to what your is, so he typed it in to dbl check see if it got sent to his email..

if your worried just change ur passoword is all.

you'll be fine.