1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I use mage wep?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by imported_Splup, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Im training my new mage, and I was wondering, should I use mage wep when training magery? Some say of course, cause my magery goes lower and because of that it raises faster. But some say that using mage wep only slowes gaining magery down.

Someone has real information about this?
  2. By all means use a mage weapon -29 or so to train with. It is easier to gain skill at lower level plus the mana cost is less to boot.
  3. imported_GFY

imported_GFY Guest

My favorite training method is to use a mage weapon with spell channelling. I use te weapon to it a golem and cast explosion and e-bolt on a crystal ball or snow globe. If your skill level goes high enough you may have to switch to flame strike for more gains.

Make sure you have the weapon skill locked and you'll gain magery from your weapon and from casting spells.