1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

Should my smith/tailor be an elf?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Guest, Mar 11, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I see that I get a 60% chance as opposed to a 40% chance for a colored bod if I"m an elf. Should I make my char and elf? What are the drawbacks and what are the other benefits?

    thx
     
  2. Basara

    Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2003
    Messages:
    8,467
    Likes Received:
    591
    Never heard of THAT before. I think your information's wrong, or for one of the illegal shards we can't' discuss here.

    It's 50% colored/50% Iron for Armor BODs (all weapons are Iron, so this works out to 25% colored armor/25% Iron Armor, 50% weapons) from 70 to 110 skill.

    At 110, it goes to 70% colored Armor (35% colored Armor, 15% Iron Armor, 50% Weapons).

    At 120, it goes to 90% colored Armor (45% colored Armor, 5% Iron Armor, 50% Weapons).

    Race has never had ANYTHING to do with BODs - only to collecting resources (such as mining and lumberjacking)
     
  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hmm, I gotta find where I read that this is the case. I was pretty sure it was at either uoguide.com or Stratics since those are the only two UO related sites I visit.
     
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    You might be thinking of Mining. Elves have a 60% chance of getting more colored ore from a spot than humans.
     
  5. Below are the benefits of elves

    Night Sight
    Elves always have the effect of a full strength Night Sight spell.

    Infused with Magic
    Elves have an increased energy resistance cap. Elven players must still increase their actual resistances through normal means (i.e. through equipment and magical effects).

    Knowledge of Nature
    Elves receive an increase to their chance of acquiring special resources such as colored ore when mining or special boards when lumberjacking.

    Difficult to Track
    Elves are more difficult to track than humans.

    Perception
    Elves gain an increased chance to passively detect hidden monsters and enemies.

    Wisdom
    Elves receive a bonus to their maximum mana.
     
  6. I see that I get a 60% chance as opposed to a 40% chance for a colored bod if I"m an elf. Should I make my char and elf? What are the drawbacks and what are the other benefits?
    ________________________________________________________________
    I wish!!
     
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    <blockquote><hr>

    You might be thinking of Mining. Elves have a 60% chance of getting more colored ore from a spot than humans.

    [/ QUOTE ]Ahh, this must be what I was thinking. Is this enough to make me turn my smith into an elf? Thoughts?
     
  8. Only if your smith is also the character you mine with.
     
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    <blockquote><hr>

    <blockquote><hr>

    You might be thinking of Mining. Elves have a 60% chance of getting more colored ore from a spot than humans.

    [/ QUOTE ]Ahh, this must be what I was thinking. Is this enough to make me turn my smith into an elf? Thoughts?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    You'll have to weigh the extra 'special' resources agianst not being able to carry as much, Humans can carry more stones than elves.

    Personally, I only have one elf char out of 2 accounts, and it's not either of my crafters.
     
  10. jelake

    jelake Guest

    <blockquote><hr>

    <blockquote><hr>

    You might be thinking of Mining. Elves have a 60% chance of getting more colored ore from a spot than humans.

    [/ QUOTE ]Ahh, this must be what I was thinking. Is this enough to make me turn my smith into an elf? Thoughts?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    It's disputable whether this advantage even works as intended. I have a human miner who consistently gets 75%(3 colored swings for every iron swing) or better yield from most colored ore spots every time they respawn. One thing the elf might give you an advantage in is getting more gems? I can't confirm this though.