1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Should PvM Curse Revert Back?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Connor_Graham, May 16, 2008.

?

Should PvM Curse Be Reverted?

Poll closed Sep 4, 2008.
  1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No

41 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. Yes or No, do you think the change to Curse should be reverted back to it's prior mechanics?

2. No. I think resisting spells should do more to reduce the damage spells do in the first place.

3. Helen D

Helen D Guest

I voted no it doesnt make enough difference to worry about and some things should be that hard to fight otherwise itd just be easy.

4. Hanna

Hanna Guest

Your poll will be scewed as non-pvmers are going to load up the no vote.

5. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, and they have said that it will.

At least that will lower the annoyance level back to something just above "general annoyance".

Still have to deal with the constant need to Remove Curse (a new potion would be cool for this IMO)

6. BartofCats

BartofCats Guest

Trouble is Resisting spells DOESNT WORK against this spell. If it did, I would be happy in the way it is now. Alas, since resisting spells doesnt work on this spell, then no. Lets revert the spell till its fixxed.

7. I know it doesn't. Thats what I'm saying, it should do.

They have said in the FoF it is being reverted.

8. This is the second time I've seen this. Where did they say this was unintentional?

*goes off to check the FoF*

9. Lug

Lug Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Curse should work the same for pvp and pvm.

10. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

I think that the Bless spell should remove it, as it's the opposite. But that's not helping dexers.

11. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

"Monster's Curse spell seems to have become more powerful - what happened?"

This was one of those wonky side-effects of working with ten-year-old code - what seemed to be a simple change to make the "Curse" buff icon show up seems to have altered the actual effect of the Curse spell when cast by NPCs. (It now reduces your resists as well as your stats.) We're investigating, and hope to have the situation resolved in one of the next few publishes.

12. Still Frame

Still Frame Guest

Of course i voted no :p some monsters in the game should never be killed solo. Thats one of the reasons script farming is possible and ruined the game even more.

13. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, but only temporarily until curse can be made into an appropriate spell with appropriate counters for both PvP and PvM, at which point they should make the spell universal.