1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Show some love: Support Pinco's UI

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kayhynn, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I'm not a EC user, but I know and have heard how much Pinco's work has made life easier for people who play EC and use his UI.

I've seen money raised for projects here and other projects elsewhere, how bout we show a united effort and throw some donations Pinco's way for his work and to allow him to keep working on it and not have to completely shut it down.

Currently the donation on his site (and he mentioned he has 2 months from a last minute donation) is at Dying to Dead. Let's get it to Perfect!

Donate here: http://www.guain.it/pincoui/

Note: Right after I posted this I made a donation.

MalagAste, Fogsbane and Daga Taga like this.
  2. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Done, contribution sent, have done before, will do again. Love your UI Pinco, keep working please!!!

Kayhynn likes this.
  3. Fogsbane

Fogsbane Seasoned Veteran

done. have also done before and will also do again (and rarely use EC). :)

Kayhynn likes this.
  4. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm lost here. Didn't I read something from Mesanna a while back that they were contracting Pinco to do this? Try as I might I cant find it, but I really don't think I dreamed it up. Anyone know?

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

They contracted Pinco to redo the "default" UI of the EC.... not the UI that Pinco has built for anyone to use.

And then they gutted and busted it so the entire client is borked worse than it was before they messed with it.

petemage and Parnoc like this.
  6. petemage

petemage Seasoned Veteran

Yea, not sure who is to hold responsible for the new default UI, but its pretty much dead on arrival.

I just came to the conclusion there can be no way a team of 4 persons works fulltime at this game and then after months only coming up with things like fixed typos in runes, dying dupres shield and so on.

Leave alone that horrible new things like the new hotbars, which they actually even consider to be a nice feature instead of the crap it is.

7. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

you know, i advised pinco to keep his custum UI simple just to avoid these types of things. better to have a simple mod that works well with little upkeep. he was rather rude to me and now seems like an "i told you so" moment. to bad i guess, but maybe he should have taken some good advice.

Scribbles, Goldberg-Chessy and kelmo like this.
  8. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

With all due respect to @Pinco, I have to agree, Smoot. There are many features of Pinco's I love, but a lot of the window dressing is just clutter when it comes to PLAYING THE GAME.
    For example, the new crafting menu. I use Pinco's because they dropped Autofill when they redid the EC. But all the pretty little icons and the categories on the crafting menu just slow it down, and they make the crafting menu too big and unwieldy, and you can only shrink it so far before you can't read the fancy new typeface, so you're stuck with this massive menu covering up most of your screen. And you can scroll down the old menu so much faster. Just give me the ugly old (fast) menu with the autofill, and I'd be happy.
    And does anybody use "new item layout" or "show property caps"? Not me - more clutter, more distractions - I want to read fast while I loot. I know Pinco added the option to disable them after we complained, and that's great, but it's another example of features that were not really needed in the first place.
    On the plus side, "Get item hue" - great, I used it last night to check all the potted plants. Totally unobtrusive - use it, hide it again, no distraction.
    Seed gathering - wonderful time saver - again, click and be done with it, no distraction.
    The general look of Pinco's is better than the EC. I don't know why, but the landscape even looks sharper in Pinco's than the default EC - I don't think it's my imagination.
    As has been pointed out before, being able to blow up T maps the exact size of the area map is a wonderful too. Simple, nothing fancy, clean, straightforward feature.

9. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

you have never been stuck with it, the toggle has always been there :p

10. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Really? I didn't realize that's what "enable advanced crafting" meant = the menu :) OK, I toggled it back.
    All these options we old timers toggle back to the simple ways, have you gotten any feedback that many players prefer the very bells and whistles we say just slow us down? Maybe we're just old and impatient, I don't know.

11. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

*gentle bump* If you haven't considered donating, use the program and want to support Pinco, please see if you can do so.

Parnoc likes this.
  12. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Always! Anytime I can. And once again THANK YOU PINCO! For all your hard work and devotion!

Parnoc likes this.