1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarter in its final 24 hours

Discussion in 'Shroud of the Avatar Discussion Hall' started by dswofford, Apr 6, 2013.

1. dswofford

dswofford Portalarium Team
    VIP

Hear ye, hear ye! Shroud of the Avatar is now inside the final 24 hours of its Kickstarter campaign. If you haven’t backed this fantasy RPG product from Richard Garriott, you still have time at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0. If you want to back, but not via Kickstarter, you can also use the PayPal payment service at www.ShroudoftheAvatar.com. We continue to add new bonus options to Shroud of the Avatar and there are many ways to pledge so please link to either site, back and get involved in the development of Richard Garriott’s new fantasy RPG. The Kickstarter closes at 10 a.m. Central time (in Texas), Sunday April 7.

LiquidSolidity and Taylor like this.
  2. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Thanks for stopping in David! We are so excited for everyone and congratulations on meeting so many milestones already!

3. dswofford

dswofford Portalarium Team
    VIP

Thanks to all our fans on Stratics...we've just recently passed the $1.6 million mark for SotA. We are looking forward to working more with one of the great Ultima/LB/RPG communities.

Taylor likes this.
  4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

What a journey! Good luck during the last few hours. :)

5. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

$1.7M passed. I upped from $30 to $50 a bit earlier and have been watching the team get a bit... tipsy.

6. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Finally the 2 Million point has been crossed.

7. Sargon

Sargon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

And slowly creeping upwards from website pledges!

8. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

Had some problem with 2 of my debit cards, but the prepaid card i bought worked perfectly for the 500$ i made :)

Taylor likes this.
  9. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Wow! Nice support. :)

10. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

Ty, just cant wait to get in and start playing :)

11. Krellian

Krellian Visitor

Just wanted to clarify if I heard this right: In the 31 May dev hangout, was Richard saying that donators will no longer be able to have tax free housing after that day?

Also: if I donate $550 - do I get the benefits from the tiers that come before the "Citizen" tier? For example, creating an in-game NPC in the $450 tier - or having your name on a tombstone in game.

#11 Krellian, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  12. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

1. I believe if you've already donated during the Kickstarter, you still have time to up your level of donation and gain the "tax free" housing. But if you donated afterwards, then you don;t get the "early bird" rewards, but will get rewards based on the upcoming charts.

2. Yes, the rewards are cumulative. HERE is the chart.

13. GasaiYuno

GasaiYuno Adventurer

So..what the heck are they doing with that much money? Just making the game?

14. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

Building the dev team in order to make the game. The Kickstarter was to get an initial funding so that the game and company wouldn;t have to be put under the distribution banner of an EA, Vivendi, or whomever. It was done so that they could self-distribute and thus allow the game to be developed by their own rules and standards instead of external "suits". RG stated in various interviews that his greatest work has been when he's had free reign and the worst when he's been forced to abide by the "higher ups".