1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Siege Archer Template?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Bearclaw92, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Bearclaw92

Bearclaw92 Guest

Ok, so ya'll have convinced me to give Siege a try. I've been playing UO on Catskills since the game started and I have been missing the old days prior to Trammel.

Back then, I typically had hiding and tracking on most of my chrs to keep tabs on whomever was around.

I am planning on making an archer and have been trying to figure out what a good template would be. Would you make your archer template different on siege than you would on the production shards?

Is it tough to start an archer from nothing on Seige or would I be better off starting with swords/mace/fencing and then switch to an archer later?

I made a char and poked around a little last night, but mostly I just died a lot. Chr started in east Brit and died almost instantly. Then I made the mistake of moongating to Magincia (forgot about the state it is in).

I saw the book about the NEW guild. I was going to try to make a new chr today and contact them.

Thanks,

2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

You wont be able to delete your toon for 7 days so I would stick with the one you just started.

I guess the big question you need to answer is, do you plan to primarily PvP or PvM? That will help us, help you with a template...If I'm in game tonight, I'll see if I can help you out with some starter arrows...la

3. Bearclaw92

Bearclaw92 Guest

I was going to make another siege chr on another account. The one I did yesterday was just to look around so I didnt make it on my core UO account.

Most likely I'll do some PVP and PVM. Probably will do more PVM than PVP but I want to design the chr such that he is not to bad at PVP also. If memory serves me correctly, with nothing but the fel rule set, even when you are PVMing you are a heart beat away from PVP half the time. Not sure if thats the way it is on Siege, but I'm guessing it trends that direction.

4. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

most difference is that everything will not be insured. Do not carry what you cannot afford to lose.
    Might as well start training archery first, if that is what you are. Why waste time?

PM me or icq me when you are started. This one will give you balanced weapon to start with- nothing glorious, but when skills are low, potions are nice addition to bandages.

5. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

120 Archery
    120 Bushido
    120 Spirit Speak
    110 Necro
    90 Tactics
    90 Meditation
    70 Chivalry

This is the best template for PVM/PVP Archer.

6. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome to Siege

Archers are great just make sure to include Hiding, Ninja and Stealth.

I tried to go without them but it is a must if you intend on PVPing.

One last item, a mistake I made was not thinking about the luck statue when I created my toons. I have 3 accounts 133/109/37 and like a fool made my tamer (pvmer) on the 37 month account so I left 350 luck points on the table!!

If you need anything to get started PM me here I can give you a blessable bow, some jewls and armour....

I was on Cats for a bit in SX with Goose and the boys...not my cup of tea...
    I have a rule no RL phone calls to raid a spawn!!

7. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

What's the luck statue? ROFL...yeah, I'm a 7 year newb...la

8. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Sounds like Elmer, he has all of k0c on speed dial.

9. archite666

archite666 Guest

This is most certainly true, id definitly run this.