1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Peacemaking] Siege Bard Template Questions

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Slim, May 14, 2013.

1. Slim

Slim Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hi,

I am returning to Siege from a long break. I have a bard with 120 Music, Disco, Prov, Med, and 115 Magery( I dont have a 120 magery scroll yet).

I have a few questions.

First is Peace worth picking up? For the people who have it, how often do you use it? I have messed with it a bit but I seem to be using prov or disco alot more because of the cool down on peace. I do like the idea of being a full bard.

I was thinking if I do not take Peace I could take Focus to increase my mana regen since I do not like running uber suits on Siege. The point of Focus would be to have Focus and Med at 120 so I would have less of a mana problem when using the disco mastery for damage. That mastery takes alot of mana.

Would it be worth picking up Focus for the mana regen factor? If not will for sure get Peace.
    Even if I have Focus and Med at 120 would I still need to run a uber suite to chain the disco mastery?

Thanks!

-Slim

2. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Disco mastery is pretty hard on mana upkeep. Without an uber suit with focus you should be able to drop run despair for 12-15 rounds at a cost of half your total mana (depending on your other bard skills) using just meditation and lmc alone, provided you have 110 int or greater.
    Using both of them together you can probably get both of them going for at least 12 rounds, though dont expect a follow up

3. Slim

Slim Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Well I think I will try out Focus first and see how it works out. If I don't like it then I'll just stone it off and try out peace.

I just wonder if peace is worth working on and how useful it is.

Thanks for the reply!

4. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Peace can save your butt at times but overall is better for tamers and lifesaving. I am not talking about mastery, just the skill itself. The mastery gives you more defensive type group bonuses and would depend on which your group depends on more. Bard Mastery Cliky

5. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Depending on what you are doing is the best answer I could give you. I run a 4x bard for money making. Typically I'll run the peace masteries and then make money from provoking and discoing stuff. Peace allows my bard to go down to the lower levels of shame and pretty reliably farm. The damage reduction means I dont tend to die from sudden dumps, and the Area peace bomb saves me otherwise.