1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Siege Economy(vendors on the Decline)

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by KinG DaviD, Mar 1, 2009.

1. KinG DaviD

KinG DaviD Guest

I for one do not do vendors because of the cost per item per day. It is REDICULOUS!!! If you have anything of worth...you lose most if not all profit you may have made waiting for that buyer to come around. And seeing the population on siege is smaller...its a double whammy! Wait longer for sales and spend an astronomical amount to sell it.
    A proposed solution?

1. Maybe lower the cost per day to sell things!! That would encourage a better vendor economy..andmaybe help our existing eonomy..

i guess the reason i bring this up...is recentlyu i need a few PS's and quick...so i ran to most all of the big vendor areas to find some...only to realize that most vendors are empty or..they just carry cheap stuff... makes for a frustrating time trying to buy anything,,, and i cant say i blame out vendors..i tried it for a short bit,,,bit soon realized all the money gets chewed up when your spending THOUSANDS and Thousands per day..just to mayeb sellsomething,,,

anyone have any other ideas???

2. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Your voice is silent here. There have been many threads throughout my short time here )5-6months). We need to storm Uhall

3. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

totally agree - daily cost is way too high and I see some guys have high end stuff for sale for long times and wonder y

Lorddog

4. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

Could copy the prodo people when selling 50mil+ items and just put books describing what's available and how to contact them.

5. Jaimes

Jaimes Guest

They might be taking the items down right before the daily price refresh (if that still works).

6. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It is kinda annoying. But since I only run vendors for fun, and to be helpful, I really never crunched the numbers on profits.

7. KinG DaviD

KinG DaviD Guest

yah...maybe just get a bunch of vendors..name them what item you are selling and put your icq# on the vendor.,..then its free...hehe what i think i might start doin....

8. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

Yup. Well, it works. :eek:

9. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

the prices for vendor stock is to high, either way. It should be lowered.

10. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

There's a thread on UHall now, voice your opinion.

11. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Does anyone know, off hand, what the vendor charges are? Exact numbers would be helpful... How is the charge broken down?

12. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

My two cents here is: That the charge of having the vendor up and running
    should be the minimum charge as if it had no product on the vendor plus
    a flat percentage when the items are sold. This percentage may vary with activity
    upon the vendor being 5% with lowest activity to 25% with the highest activity. Activity is just the relative amount of sells in gold.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

13. Limlight

Limlight Guest

As someone who plays a production shard and has recently started playing Siege more....I can tell you that your fees should be lowered as you dont have the economy or the activity to maintain vendors like a production shard.

14. Idahoan

Idahoan Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Just to have a vendor with nothing on it is 180gp per day.

The rate is high, but then again, it's a gold sink. I just figure it's part of doing business. Vendors are there 24/7 so it is better for the buyer.

15. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

One of my eggbomb vendors died in less than week because no one bought any thing :sad4: BUY Egg bombs at the malis mall just southeast of the umbra gate shop from guard zone safety too :hug:.

16. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

:sad4::sad4: AW....by Spree's bombs...then buy Leaf's bombs..other side of Umbra...then buy my Hughes bombs soon as I put em up again...then buy everyones bombs...........and stuffs at all the malls...cuz we all need to keep our vendors ALIVE folks !! :)

17. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just bought some Ratitchaki Armor. :D

18. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I am going to strongly suggest that players with house design their house so that the
    vendor be placed next to a billboard. The billboard should be public so that other
    players may place orders and that those orders then be placed on the vendor
    in a timely manner by the vendor. Of course the first message is a list of what
    is available for sale to the public and price. This billboards should be
    cleared every Sunday at a late hour and reset with new list of items and
    costs. I sure someone thought of this, but you never know.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

19. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I really really NEED to do this...I have some old messages from some friends on my bulletin boards whom have left the game and .............it has been hard to delete and clear their posts on the bulletin boards. *guilty as charged* :( messy bulletin board.

20. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I guess I can better save those by keeping the older bulletin boards in my secureds and just make a couple new bulletin boards with ...no historic notes on them.

**opps sorry did not mean to respond to myself** lol hit quote instead of edit above !